Chapter Twenty six

Claire's P.O.V.

I stared at him.  I had a million guesses before that.  I thought that maybe he was in the Yakuza or maybe even he was secretly gay and was afraid to come out and tell me.  Never in my wildest dreams did I possibly think he was a vampire.

"Please say something," he pleaded, his voice sounded scared, terrified even.

"What is there to say?  You're a vampire.  Tell me this, will you ever hurt me?" I asked.

"Listen to me and listen well, I will never hurt you.  It is almost impossible for me to hurt you.  Hurting you would be like purposely sawing my own arm off for the fun of it.  I love you, I would never hurt you."  His eyes pleaded with me to believe him.

"That's all I needed to know."  I pulled him to me in an embrace that was long overdue.

"I know this is a lot to take in.  I want you yo know that if you need space to think, I understand.  I don't want you to end up cracking and going through whatever emotional breakdown that girls go through.  I don't think I could survive that." Kumura said, trying to relieve the tension that had built up in the room.

"Kumura?" I asked, pulling back enough to look up at him.

"Yes, love?"

"How old are you?"  I wanted to know if he was close to my age or if he was Edward Cullen old.

"If you're waiting for me to tell you I knew Shakespeare, you're sadly mistaken.  I'm eighteen, like you.  Senri and Yuki are also eighteen.  My parents on the other hand are a different story. 

"My mom was born during the Civil War.  She was brought to America as a child with her parents.  My father used to serve Hanazono, he was some ancient leader of Japan in like 1310 AD.  He's ancient, she's old."  Kumura was laughing slightly while he spoke.

"Since your dad is so old, does that mean he's stronger?" I asked.

"My dad is the oldest vampire in existence today.  And yes, he is also the most powerful in existence.  He's kind of what humans would describe as the king of vampires."

"If he's the king, that would make you and Senri the princes of the vampire world.  In stories, the children of the most powerful being are usually stronger than the parent.  Unless that's just in stories?"

"You know?  For not knowing a lot about the supernatural world, you catch on pretty quickly."

"I try."  He pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead.

"My brother and myself are about as strong as my father.  Together, we far exceed his power.  But you... you are stronger than my father, my brother, and myself combined.  The only one stronger than you is God and your father."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I know it's short but it's what I got.  I have major writers block right now.

Vote.  Comment.