Chapter Twenty Eight

Kumura's P.O.V.

I felt like I was dying inside.  Being so close to Claire without marking her as mine was taking its toll on my body.  Marking her would make her mine for all eternity.  With mates, there was no till death do us part.

Claire, of course, had no idea that I was in pain.  She had told me she wanted to wait a while before we had sex.  I wasn't necessarily happy with that but I didn't want to push her away by making her do something she wasn't ready to do.

Markings usually happened when the mate was at his or her climax.  It was something very intimate.  When a vampire goes too long without claiming their mate, they start to go insane.  First their thirst for blood becomes unbearable.  Then they start to lose control of their body.  The final stage of vampire insanity is when they can think of nothing but killing and go on a murdering rampage.

I was currently in the first stage.  I had to talk to Claire today.  I had to tell her what was happening to me.  She was so caught up in her training that we didn't really have all that much time together.

It was about two weeks before Valentine's Day and I had been talking to Yuki about what I could do to make that day special.  The customs in Japan were different than the ones in America.  Yuki had suggested that I make a reservation at a nice restaurant and get her roses and chocolates.  That was what all those movies showed atleast.

I planned to take her that night.  I wanted to heat her screaming my name.  I just hoped that I could last that long before going insane.  Once the transition started, it was incredibly hard to slow it down, much less stop it.  It was impossible unless you had the blood of your mate.  However, I don't think that Claire would be too keen on the prospect of me drinking her blood.

I was walking down the street when I felt a holy presence behind me.  I turned to see a man standing about ten feet from me. His broad shoulders lead up to his chiseled face that was surrounded by dirty blonde hair. I never thought I would ever see this person in my life.

"Gabriel?" I asked, still in shock.

"I see you know who I am, Kumura," Gabriel said.

"And you know my name...why?" I asked.

"You are the mate to the heiress of hell, I think just about every angel in heaven and every demon in hell, knows your name."  He laughed a little as he spoke.

"Knowing you, I doubt this is a social call.  What do you want?" I asked, wanting to find Claire and hold her in my arms.

"Straight to the point, just like your father.  Alright, I won't beat around the bush; Claire is in danger, as is everyone she knows.  My sister, Rebecca, wants her and Gosuto out of the way," he said with a grave voice.

I released an animalistic growl, "Why does she want Claire and Gosuto gone?"  I was trying to pull my inner monster back but was on the verge of losing control.

"My sister has had a sick infatuation with my brother since before time.  I thought that if she stayed away from him she would come to her senses.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.  She is convinced that if she kills Gosuto and Claire that he will magically fall in love with her.

"I don't usually associate myself with, er, people such as yourself but I must this time.  My sister is headed for nothing but destruction.  She wants to be God and rule heaven and hell with Lucifer by her side.

"If she plans an uprising, she will be destroyed.  My boss won't tolerate anymore chaos in heaven.  By the way you are trying to control your beast, I'd say you have yet to mate with Claire.  Do so as soon as possible, it will calm your thirst and protect her from Rebecca.  You   There was undeniable sorrow in his eyes when he spoke of his sister.

"Have I met your sister?" I asked curiously.

He sighed before answering, "You most likely know her as Britney.  She enrolled at your school to keep an eye on Claire.  She's behind all the demon attacks.  She was the one that drove them over the edge."

"What about the one twelve years ago?  Was she behind that one?" I asked, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"Yes, my sister is the reason your songbird stopped singing."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote.  Comment.