Chapter Thirty Five

The song is What Are You Waiting For? by Nickelback

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Kumura's P.O.V.

Today was Valentine's Day and I had everything set up.  Yuki had taken Claire shopping for the day to give me time to get things placed.  I had Senri help me get all the flowers for that night.

At first Claire had been quite adamant about spending the day with me but somehow Yuki had convinced her to go to the mall with her.  I don't know what the look in Yuki's eye meant exactly, but I do know it meant some sort of trouble for either me or Senri.

It took Senri and me hours to lay out the flower path that lead to the cabin that was deep in the woods my father owned.  Senri had something completely different planned for Yuki but he wouldn't tell me what.  All I know is that if he could, he would give that girl the world, the moon, and the stars.

When everything was done it was only four in the afternoon.  Yuki had promised that she would keep Claire out until at least six, giving me plenty of time.  Now the only thing to do was wait.

Claire's P.O.V.

Yuki had been dragging me to different stores for hours on end.  Her first stop had been at Victoria's Secret to buy "sexy" lingerie.  I know why she was doing it, she knew why she was doing it, everyone probably knew why I was doing it, but I still felt embarrassed about going in there and trying on the items that Yuki threw at me. 

We left the store after I had finally convinced her that I had enough.  We then went to multiple different dress stores looking for what she called the perfect dress.  Some of the dresses I tried on were so god-awful that I couldn't stop laughing and got us kicked out of at least three stores. 

After store ten, I finally fond the right dress.  It was a strapless black dress that went just above my knees and it had intricate gold vines crawling up the fabric.  The dress hugged my chest and waist before flowing down around my hips. (A/N: I have no idea if such dress exists)

Yuki fell in love with the dress just as much as I did and demanded that I buy it.  She took me shoe shopping afterwords to find the right shoes for my new dress.  The shoes that I chose were opentoed, black stilettos with gold straps around the ankle.

By the time we got back to the house, it was past six at night and it was already dark.  Yuki dragged me to her room and helped me get ready for my date.  After an hour of prepping, Yuki finally gave me the okay to go downstairs.  Yuki had a date with Senri and they were going to drop me off where Kumura was.

Senri drove to the edge of the woods and parked the car.  "Are you sure Kumura's here?" I asked, hesitant to get out of the car.

Senri laughed at my question before getting out and opening my door, "If you're worried that I'm leading you to your death, you're mistaken.  Kumura's waiting for you."

I got out of the car and walked to the path that lead into the woods.  I heard Senri drive off a few minutes after I began walking.  When I reached the trail, I saw rose petals lined between vases with floating candles. 

Following the roses took me to an old wood cabin.  I couldn't help but smile at the thought Kumura must have put into this.  I walked up the steps and the door opened, revealing a suit clad mate and a candle lite table with two plates of food.

He took my hand and pulled me towards the table.  He pulled out my seat and helped me sit down, acting as the perfect gentleman.

"You look beautiful tonight, Claire," he said, sitting down across from me.

"And you, my lovely mate, look handsome." 

We continued our light conversation until the end of dinner.   When he stood to get the dessert I got up too.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, "Why don't you have me instead?"

His eyes turned black and he pulled me against him before carrying me to the bedroom.  The best night of my life was on the day that I used to always hate.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

If you guys were wanting a smutty chapter then I'm sorry.  I don't write sex scenes and if I did, they'd be horrible.  There is only the epilogue left to write so tell me what you think.

Vote.  Comment.