Chapter Thirty Two

Kumura's P.O.V.

I felt someone softly stroking my hair.  I could hear muffled voices nearby but I couldn't open my eyes.  I felt the same force hold me down that I had felt when Billy attacked me.  No matter what I did, I couldn't move.

I recognized one of the voices...Claire.  She was here, with me.  Something wet hit my face.  The drop slid down my face and into my mouth. It tasted like salt; it was a tear.  Claire was crying.

"Wake up!" a voice shouted at me.  The belonged to none other than my demon.  He rarely spoke to me, in fact, this was the first time he's spoken to me in twelve years.

"How?" I asked, still thinking about the last time he spoke to me.  Twelve years ago, the same time Claire stopped talking.

"I see you finally made the connection.  I couldn't talk because my mate couldn't talk.  We're connected, even if we had never met, we were connected.

"As to your question, focus the power you have as the firstborn Vampire Prince into breaking the chains that bind you.  That bitch, Rebecca, put some sort of enchantment on you.  Break it!" he ordered.

I did as I was told.  I focused all the power I had but it still wasn't enough.  I thought back to how Claire, as shy as she was, sat on my lap that day in class and got rid of Britney.  And again on Halloween, when she unconsciously staked her claim on me.  She was so strong, even without Gosuto's help.

"Fight it, please, fight it for me.  Please, Kumura, I need you.  I-" she broke down sobbing, "I love you, please wake up, please."

That's what I needed.  I needed her.  I needed to be there four her.  She needed me there with her.  This war between us and Rebecca wasn't over yet so I couldn't quit. 

I started to shake.  My body was coming alive again.  I squeezed the hand that was in mine and felt the sparks shoot up my arm and to my heart, acting like a jumpstart to a car engine.

My eyes snapped open and I sat straight up.  Every muscle in my body was rigid.  I had control over my body again but at the same time, I was in the backseat...my demon had full control.

He reached my hand up and gently stroked Claire's cheek. She leaned into our touch.  Her eyes were glassy and her face was tear-stained.

"I thought I lost you," she whispered before throwing her arms around my neck.

"My beautiful mate, I've always wanted to hold you like this but Kumura never let me have control," my demon spoke through my lips, his voice was thick and gravely.

Claire quickly pulled back, causing him to growl at the loss of her touch.  "Who are you?" she demanded.

"I am your lover's demon.  The beast that he fights every time he is near you.  I was strong enough to take control because I was awakened by your demon, my mate.  You see, you are Kumura's and your demon is mine.

"Please, do not fear me, love.  I will do nothing to harm you because in harming you, I harm your demon.  I could never hurt her."

"I see.  Can you let Kumura take control again, please?" she asked.

"Of course.  But, before that, could I hold my mate?  Just for a few moments?" my demon was all but begging on his knees.

She gave him a small smile before her body went limp and relaxed.  The next time she opened her eyes, they were pitch black.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote.  Comment.