Chapter Thirty

Kumura's P.O.V.

I bit her. Oh, God, what did I do. She's going to what nothing to do with me now. How the hell am I going to explain this to her.

"Kumura? You look like your about to pass out. Are you okay?" Came the soft voice of my beautiful Claire.

"It's about what happened last night..." my voice trailed off.

"You mean why I woke up next to you in only my underwear?" she asked.

"Yeah that too, when I--wait, do you remember what happened last night?" I asked curiously, confused as to why she was so calm. I looked at her neck only to find no marks on it. Did I imagine biting her?

"You spazzed on Britney, I cut my foot you took me to your room, and that's the last thing I remember. Why do you look so releived? What did you do?!" She tacked me to the ground and tried to tickle my sides, "Damn, you're not ticklish."

I smirked up at her, "Nope, but you are." I pinned her to the ground and attacked her sides.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we need to talk," Lucifer said, walking into the room. He paused and looked down at us, "Do I even want to know?" he asked in a defeated tone.

Claire and I looked at each other, "No!" we said as the same time.

Lucifer, Claire, and I sat at the dining room table in silence. Claire's father finally spoke, his voice betraying his age, "Rebecca, or as you know her, Britney, wants you and your mother dead," he said to Claire.

"What I don't understand, is why?" Claire asked.

"Rebecca is infatuated with your father. She thinks that if she kills you and your mother, then your father would 'come to his senses' and fall in love with her instead," I answered. Sensing her next question, I said, "I ran into the angel Gabriel, he told me all about his sister."

"I see," she whispered.

"There's something else," I said, waiting until I had her full attention before continuing, "Rebecca is responsible for all the demon attacks. The one at school? She drove him over the edge. Zaebos and Olmna? They were working for Rebecca. All of them are linked back to her."

"You say all of them. Does that include the one from twelve years ago?" she asked in a shaky voice.

"Yes. It wasn't Claire's power that they originally wanted, its what they were told to get. Rebecca wanted Claire out of the picture, what she didn't count on was-" I was cut off by a garbled voice.

"Me wanting to keep Claire for myself...Claire, did you miss me?" the voice asked. His black, rotting lips curled back in a sick, sadistic smile that made my already cold blood turn to ice.

"Billy?" Claire gasped.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I know it's a short chapter, but here it is.

Vote. Comment.