Chapter Sixteen

Claire's P.O.V.

When Britney and Tiffany were gone I tried to get off of Kumura. Key word "tried".

"Where do you think you're going?" Kumura asked, pulling me back down on his lap.

I gave him an 'are you really asking me that?' look.

"Don't give me that look, I like this position." He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Kumura, she only sat on your lap to get rid of Britney. Britney went back to her seat so let Claire up. If you're not careful, you'll scare her off," Yuki said, sending me a wink.

"Oh, fine. By the way, Claire, when's your birthday?" Kumura asked.

'October 31, Halloween. Why?' I wrote in my notebook.

"What do you want to do that day? It's your birthday, so you choose," Senri said.

"Don't you usually get candy that day?" Yuki asked.

'It's called trick-or-treating. You go door to door asking for candy. We can go if you want.' Kumura read what I wrote to the others.

"I will never understand Americans," Senri muttered under his breath.

"Don't forget to wear a costume, the people who give out candy get mad when teenagers go without costumes," a girl next to us said before continuing to talk with her friends.

"Well, you wanna go? I know it's short notice, being that it's tomorrow, but do you?" Kumura asked, grabbing his textbook from his bookbag.

I shrugged my shoulders while Yuki and Senri said they didn't mind.

"What are we going as?" Yuki asked after a few minutes.

We remained quiet, each of us thinking of something. Then it hit me, ' Yuki and Senri can be Sally and Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas.' I suggested.

"That works, we love that movie, what are you two going to be?" Senri asked.

"You guys should do a couple costume, it would be cute," Yuki squealed.

"How about a vampire and his bride?" Kumura asked. He looked at me for a conformation that his idea was alright.

I smiled and nodded my head is agreement. I had an idea of where I could get an old styled wedding dress and a suit for our costumes.

'We need to go shopping after school.' I couldn't help the grin on my face as I wrote.

"This is going to be fun," Yuki giggled.

* * * * * * * *

Kumura's P.O.V.

I parked the car outside an old antique shop that looked like it belonged in the nineteenth century. Claire got out of the car and waited for us to pile out before motioning for us to follow. I was about to walk with her into the store when Senri caught my arm.

"We'll be in shortly," he said to a confused Claire, "I want to talk to you," he said, pulling me towards the car.

"What's up?" I asked, hopping it wasn't about the vampire bride thing.

"Why did you suggest that costume?" he asked, looking at me with a blank expression.

"It felt right, the more time I spend with her the more I know it's her. She's my bride...my mate."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote. Comment.