Chapter Ten

Claire's P.O.V.

After we left Kumura's house, we went to mine.  I opened the door to my house and lead him inside and up the stairs.  I have no idea why I did, I guess I just didn't want to be alone.

When I was in my room, I started to get changed.  I stripped out of my soggy clothes and put them it the laundry basket to wash later.  I grabbed my underwear and put them on before looking for a pair of pants and a shirt.

I settled on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a long sleeved red shirt with the words I BITE printed on it in black letters.  When I was trying to put my pants on, my foot caught in one of the rips and I fell against my dresser, making a loud thud.

When I pushed off the dresser my door opened.  I turned around to cover my chest and I heard Kumura's shocked gasp.  At first I was confused as to why he gasped but then I remembered the claw marks on my back.

I finished pulling my pants up and grabbed my shirt off my bed.  Holding it in front of me I turned around to face Kumura.

"I didn't mean to barge in like that it's just that I, um, heard a strange thud and got worried..." he trailed off. I could tell that he wanted to ask something else but was refraining from doing so.

I made a twirl gesture with my hand, telling him to turn around.  When he was facing the door, I put my shirt on and went to my desk.  I wrote on a piece of paper, 'What did you want to ask?'

I handed him the paper and he looked at me with a sad expression.  I already knew he wanted to know about the marks on my back.  I hated that memory.  I don't think I'll be able to tell him yet but eventially I think I can.

"Who attacked you?" Kumura asked in a strained voice.  Well at least he knew it was a who not a what.

I wrote on the paper, 'A demon, when I was little.  I'll tell you about it another time when I know you better.' 

"When you're ready, I'll listen.  By the way, nice room," he said, looking around.

My room was painted black with dark purple and gold intricate swirls covering the walls.  There were a few drawings on the walls along with a few posters of Evanescent, t.A.T.u., Nickleback, and a few other bands.

I smiled at him, 'Thanks,' I wrote.

Just then, we heard the house door open and close.  Kumura looked over at me with a panicked face.  I put my finger up to my lips and pointed towards the window.

"Are you nuts?" he whisper-yelled at me.

I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk towards the window when I heard my parents talking in the hall.

"When do you think she'll talk?" my mother asked.

"I don't know, just give her time, she'll come around," my father said.

"How much time does she need?  It's been twelve years and she hasn't even hummed a tune.  All she does is give you a blank stare when you speak to her. I knew it was a mistake to say yes to that bitch," my mother ranted.

We heard a the sound of a slap and a pained gasp, "Don't ever talk about Clair like that when we're in this house.  We may not be able to see those damn ghosts but you know they'll tell her something, they always do." That was the last thing he said before walking away.

They knew I was telling the truth.  All this time, and they knew.  I've been alone all this time, scared and suffering, and they pretended that they didn't know what I saw.

I was in my own little world when Kumura tapped my shoulder, "We should go," he whispered.

I nodded my head and went out the window.  When I was on the windowsill, I stepped down onto the lattice.  I looked up and winked at Kumura.  When I was a few feet off the ground I jumped, landing silently.

Kumura did the same, only landing with a rather loud thud.  I gave him a look that said really?  He mouthed sorry and followed me to the back yard.  We jumped the fence separating our yards and went into his house.

I walked into the kitchen and was met with an older replica of Kumura.  The look of confusion on the man's face told me that he didn't expect me to be there, nor did he know who I was.

"これは誰ですか"(Who is this?) the man asked.

"これはクレアです"(This is Claire.) Kumura said.

I grabbed a piece of paper from my bag and wrote, ' 私は流暢に日本語を話す'(I speak Japanese fluently).

The man smiled, "And I speak English fluently," he said, offering his hand for me to shake.  "My name is Kaname Sakamaki, I assume you've already met my wife, Yuna?" he asked.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"She doesn't talk, dad.  We have some things we need to ask you," Kumura said.

"Forgive me if I'm being rude, but there is something strange about your eyes," he said, looking at me.

"She's like us, dad, she's a seer." Kumura looked his father dead in the eye as he spoke.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote.  Comment.