Prologue

Okay, this is my very first story on wattpad and I'll be updating everything from my phone. I want to dedicate this to my friend, XGN_RedRoseWings, without her encouragement, I would not have posted this story. I don't have any set update dates planned. I'll update when I can.

(¤_¤) (¤_¤)

<<< <<< >>> >>>

Have you ever seen a shadow move but not the object that casts the shadow? Or have you heard the trees whispering to the night sky? Well I have seen and heard that and so much more. I see things that no human should see and I hear things that no human should hear. That's not the worst part: no one else can see or hear them.

Since as long as I can remember, I saw spirits of people who had long since died. Some were sad, angry, bitter, good, and some were evil. The evil ones became demons. The longer a ghost was trapped in the land of the living, the more dangerously evil they became.

When I was six years old, I was attacked by a demon on the playground at recess. After that day, I stopped talking. I thought that there was no point in explaining what happened because no one would believe me. It wasn't the first time I was hurt by a demon, I knew explaining to my parents what happened was pointless and would lead no where.

It's been almost twelve years since that day on the playground. Almost twelve years since I heard the sound of my own voice. My parents had tried everything to get me to speak but nothing worked. We've moved countless times over the years, they think that a new area will change things.

Every time we move, the rumors follow, getting worse and worse each time. Some rumors are that I lost my voice in some freak accident. The craziest one so far is that a Satanist man cursed me to be mute because I left his cult. I know, crazy, right?

Somehow the rumors of me seeing ghosts follow me wherever I go. No matter where I move to, people know. Everyone avoids me because they think I'm crazy. Sometimes I think that about myself.

Despite the rumors, I, Claire Mistlands, remained as silent as the grave.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hope you liked it.

Vote. Comment.

Give me some feedback on what you guys think.