Chapter 84 : Toward tomorrow

Inuyasha continues fighting the demons in the Shikon Jewel as they continue saying the only way for him to see Kagome again is for her to make a selfish wish on the jewel to save herself from the darkness and become a part of it. However, Inuyasha destroys them in anger with the Wind Scar. As soon as the light dies, Inuyasha sees a spider web and, much to his shock, Naraku's head in the center; he questions how Naraku can still be alive. The demons reveal that while Naraku is dead now, he will awaken once Kagome becomes part of the jewel to start a new battle of souls. Disgusted, Inuyasha yells for Kagome; she hears his voice. Inuyasha yells for her not to make any wishes until he gets there. 

While Inuyasha was busy dealing with them, Sesshomaru has flying off to find Lucy. A few meter from Inuyasha's direction, Sesshomaru saw a blue light from direction near the full of demon. He was quickly going over them and saw Lucy fighting them. Sesshomaru was quickly pull his Bakusaiga and launch them.

Lucy saw Sesshomaru who already kill a few of demon. She was feeling relief and quickly going over him. "Sesshomaru! I know you will come here for me. I'm so glad, Sesshomaru." Said Lucy while hugging Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru was hugging her back. Then Lucy was notice of something.

"Sesshomaru, we need to find Kagome. She must be alone there. I figured that Shikon jewel want to do something at Kagome. We have to go now, Sesshomaru." Said Lucy with a worry face. Sesshomaru just nodded his head before he take her over Inuyasha's direction where he leave him alone to handle the demon.

The jewel asks Kagome if she wants to see Inuyasha again, and to be honest about her feelings. The moment the jewel says this, Kagome remembers it was Kikyō's wish to see Inuyasha again. And even Naraku, his wish was most likely a modest one too. Onigumo, only ever wanted to have Kikyo as his love. However, unlike them, Kagome now knows the Shikon Jewel will never grant the true, unselfish, wish of its owner. Knowing it can't trick her anymore, the jewel asks Kagome what she'll do then. Kagome remembers her grandfather telling her that the one correct wish will cause the Shikon Jewel to be banished. She tells the jewel she won't make a wish, Inuyasha will come for her.

Back in the Feudal Era, Shippō is watching the spot where the well vanished when Miroku and Sango offer to take his place so he can get some rest. Himeko and Yui were always by Shippo's side because they want to see their master. Miroku laments that just when they thought their battle was over, their fates have been revealed to still be tied to the Shikon Jewel.

Inside the jewel, the demons laugh, saying that Inuyasha has only made things worse for Kagome; they (wrongly) believe she will make the selfish wish of wanting to be with him again. Lucy and Sesshomaru were come a right time helping Inuyasha anyway. Lucy was purify them with her power feel annoyed of their actions. Inuyasha yells for Kagome, but the demons block his voice from getting out. Lucy was cutting them anyway with Sesshomaru's help. He continues fighting until he sees Midoriko fighting another horde of demons; seeing this makes Inuyasha more determined than ever to prevent Kagome from being trapped in the jewel. However, he can't find a way out. Lucy told Inuyasha to be patient a little and listen to his heart. For once, Inuyasha follow Lucy's order. At that moment, Inuyasha finds a point of light and cuts it with Tessaiga, coming face to face with Kagome.

 At that moment, Inuyasha finds a point of light and cuts it with Tessaiga, coming face to face with Kagome