Chapter 60 : Meido Zangetsuha

Rin picks flowers, putting one on Jaken's head and annoying him like usual, while Sesshōmaru sits on a cliff nearby; he thinks about Kagura's death, which seems to have affected the supposedly cold-hearted demon.

Lucy was going back to her house since she have a test at her school. She really needed since it was her future. Because she need to attend the university. She need to pass of her exam since it was her dream.

Thunder clouds gather, and lightning strikes down behind Sesshōmaru; it's Tōtōsai. He says in a surprised voice "oh... that's why I'm here."  Tōtōsai takes notice that something is different; Tōkijin is gone. Sesshōmaru replies by saying his claws are more than enough to kill him. Tōtōsai says there would be no need for that, explaining that he had not choice but to come as it was Tenseiga that brought  him there; Sesshōmaru cannot deny that the blade has been agitated for the last couple of days.

 Tōtōsai says there would be no need for that, explaining that he had not choice but to come as it was Tenseiga that brought  him there; Sesshōmaru cannot deny that the blade has been agitated for the last couple of days

He then explains that the daiyōkai's heart now possesses what it's been lacking. This prompts Jaken to defend his master, saying his heart is perfect. Rin agrees, saying that Sesshōmaru is caring and kind, making Jaken cry as he's always getting beatings. Tōtōsai continues, explaining that Sesshōmaru has done something that he has never done before, and that is to feel anger and grief for someone who has died. Because of this, Tenseiga has successfully taught him compassion and kindness; it has responded to the change in Sesshōmaru's heart by calling Totosai. Totosai explains that the blade must now be handed back to him, as it's now to reforge Tenseiga into an offensive weapon. Sesshōmaru is intrigued by Tōtōsai's claim.

Back in Kaede's village. Shippō talks to her, explaining Kikyō's actions; Kaede is confused by her sister taking Midoriko's soul. Elsewhere, Sango talks to Miroku. Sango is upset about Kohaku leaving, but Miroku comforts her. She gives him permission to go find a distraction, so long as it isn't another woman. Miroku tells her that he cannot even fathom indulging himself while she's distressed. Sango thanks him, calling Miroku a good monk; however, she's patting his rear, in a complete reversal of their usual routine. Bewildered, Miroku asks her why she's doing this, only to hear she was checking that he wasn't Shippō in disguise; he tried something like this two episodes ago. Shippō arrives with Kaede, and feels insulted that she doesn't trust him. Kaede explains that it's Miroku who Sango doesn't trust.

Slightly embarrassed, Miroku tells them that's not the point; what matters is that, even through its for different purposes, both Midoriko and Naraku are trying to complete the Shikon Jewel. To do that would mean to end Kohaku's life. He asks Sango what she wants to do, earning an indifferent response; however, Kaede points out that her desire to keep Kohaku alive is quite obvious. Miroku explains that whatever the choice, they have to be united or fall to their enemies; if Sango doesn't want Kohaku to die, they will do their best to make sure that doesn't happen.