Chapter 83 : Thought fought short

Everyone who has ever been wronged by Naraku has arrived at his core body, taking out his decaying flesh as it falls apart. To keep himself from being affected by Bakusaiga, Naraku detaches himself from his excess flesh. Inuyasha fires another barrage of Meido blades at Naraku, destroying more of him. Lucy was launch her maiden power to Naraku and make sure he hurt. Also she want to point her power toward the jewel shard. Naraku notices that the group's gathering has once more restored light to the jewel; however, he reminds them that he and the jewel are now one, taking on a more fearsome appearance as the light in the jewel vanishes. Lucy was never give up to defeat Naraku for their sake.

Inuyasha says Naraku finally fed his soul to the jewel, just to get more power

Inuyasha says Naraku finally fed his soul to the jewel, just to get more power. Lucy won't let Naraku get win against them. "I won't make any mistake. I had lost two people in my life. And I won't losing the people I love again. Naraku, you had make everyone being suffering of your appearance. And now, I will not let it anymore!" Yell Lucy in anger. Kagome was shock to see Lucy's anger while Inuyasha has understand her since she lost her mother and her best friend, Kikyo. Sesshomaru was using Bakusaiga toward Naraku showing his anger. Bakusaiga's attack continues to cause Naraku's to fall apart. Even near death, Naraku is still defiant, blasting the group with chunks of his body, coated with miasma, and they all do their best to dodge. Sesshōmaru orders Jaken to take Kohaku and Rin away from the battle. Lucy was order Yui to follow Rin and Kohaku. Also asking Yui to protect them anyway. Yui was obey her order and follow them. Rin returns Sango's mask to her while Kohaku lends his to Miroku. Sesshōmaru sees this, deciding to forgive Sango. Lucy was smile feel relieved that Sesshomaru has forgive Sango for her mistake. Kagome notices that any miasma near her is getting purified, but wonders why Naraku keeps stopping her from firing an arrow at him that would purify the jewel. Not only her, Naraku was also avoid Lucy's power for getting him. Naraku thinks to himself it's not yet time for her to shoot. Lucy had a bad feeling about Naraku's intention and wonder what is it that bothering her.

As Kohaku, Jaken and Rin escape Naraku, they notice he's falling apart... and heading straight for Kaede's village! Yui was quickly flying over the village and using her power to protect them from Naraku. In the village, Kaede notices Naraku is heading for the village, realizing he wants things to end there as things started there for him as Onigumo. She orders everyone to evacuate as any exposure to the miasma will be fatal. But thankfully that Yui was there to protect them anyway.

At the same time, Inuyasha then realizes Naraku is heading for Kaede's village, making Naraku laugh that Inuyasha was foolish enough not to know where he was heading; if he's killed now, his miasma-laiden corpse will fall on the village. Lucy was angry when she heard about what Naraku said for but she trust on Yui knowing that Yui will protect the village. Not caring, Sesshōmaru cuts Naraku in half; however, the jewel remains. Sesshōmaru is surprised, thinking his Bakusaiga should be able to destroy anything. Lucy told Sesshomaru that wasn't a point. She think that one way can defeat Naraku was Kagome's power. Despite the loss of Naraku, his body continues towards the village. Everyone escapes Naraku's body and heads to the village as chunks of miasma hit the ground, killing the crops and trees. Miroku helps with the miasma by sucking chunks heading for civilians into the Wind Tunnel. Inuyasha kills Naraku with Meidō blades, sucking his remains into the afterlife. Lucy was using her Raisega and purify it with her power. However, a violet light remains in their place. Kagome sees the jewel inside the light and shoots an arrow to purify it.