Chapter 33 : The Howling Wind Of Betrayal

Kagura realizes that Naraku is no longer at his castle, with his barrier getting weaker, and decides not to give the Jewel Shards to him. She thinks this is her opportunity to escape Naraku, until she remembers he has her heart. Then she realizes Sesshomaru can help her be free of Naraku. Naraku senses this, in the form of just a head in his basement full of the body parts of demons. Kagura offers the two Jewel Shards to Sesshomaru, asking him to kill Naraku in return.

Lucy just sigh knowing that Kagura was trying to betray Naraku. Also she did found out why Kagura have to follow Naraku's order. It's because her heart have been taken by Naraku so he can control Kagura. Lucy was feel sympathy at her life.

Sesshōmaru turns down Kagura's offer, being uninterested in the Sacred Jewel, and tells her to use the Jewel Shards herself if she wishes to kill Naraku. Enraged, she flees further away from the castle. Lucy understand her feeling but she also can't help her anyway. Inuyasha and his friends, with Kōga, follow her. With the knowledge that Naraku's barrier is weakening, Inuyasha's gang realize that Naraku, who is half-demon, loses his power at the new moon just like Inuyasha.

Kōga battles Kagura again, but gets beaten again, and is nearly killed. Inuyasha intervenes just in time to save him, as the dawn breaks. However, for a split second, Kagura sees Inuyasha in his human form, and realizes his weakness. Nevertheless, Inuyasha uses Wind Scar on Kagura and is about to kill her, but a horde of Naraku's demons jump in front of her and are destroyed, during which Kagura escapes. Kōga recovers his two Jewel Shards.

Kagura returns to the castle, thinking that Naraku knows nothing of her betrayal, but he has seen everything in Kanna's mirror. Kagura follows Kanna to Naraku's basement and is pulled underground by an otherwise-powerless Naraku, discovering his weakness and that he is also half-demon. Naraku gives Kagura one last chance to remain at his side, threatening to absorb her back into his flesh if she betrays him again. Kagura decides to keep Inuyasha's human form a secret from Naraku, deciding to use him as her trump card.