Chapter 13 continuation...

Maru's knees were quivering when her feet landed on the floor as the staff who were waiting for them on the other building dislodged her from being suspended in the air.

Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala sa nangyari. Parang dinaanan lamang ng ipo-ipo ang kanyang buong sistema at pag-iisip. The zipline experience was one hell of a kind. It made her breathless for a few moments. And what the hell just happened there up in the sky?

The memory of Benjamin's proposal totally floored her. It seemed surreal as if she just closed her eyes, fell asleep and had a crazy dream. Nangyari ba talaga ang nangyari kanina? Nag-propose ba talaga si Benjamin sa kanya? Or was he just playing with her? And damn crazy but she said yes!

Hindi lamang ang tuhod niya ang nanginginig kundi maging ang buong katawan niya. She felt so soft and wobbly. Pakiramdam niya ay mabubuwal siya anumang sandali.

"Maru,' he whispered beside her and before her knees folded on the floor, his powerful arms snaked around her waist and pulled her beside him. Their flesh brushed and it made her melt even more. The flames of heat coming from his body instantly burned her senses.

He pivoted her body and she faced him squarely. Tiningala niya ito. Benjamin looked different in the spur of the moment. His eyes were gentle but his angular face. Sweat glistened on the sides of his face. My, but he was simply breath-taking!

And before she could swallow the lump that suddenly blocked in her throat, his face covered her vision, and his lips crashed into hers, firm and powerful and searing with raw sensuality. She was one hell of a strong and independent woman. Her predicament and misfortunes in life molded her as to what she was today. But there was one thing that could easily make her weak. It was Benjamin's kiss and his domineering sensuality. He was just too hot to handle and he could easily burn her to oblivion, even in front of some people.

The staff around them didn't help her either. Sa klase ng paghalik nito sa kanya ay para bang walang tao sa paligid. He kissed her so deep as if he had been away for so long and they had just been reunited.

At siya, mukhang wala rin siyang pakialam sa mga matang nakatitig sa kanila. All that she could do was tip her toes and wrap her arms around his neck. Sinagot niya ang makapigil hininga nitong halik. Hindi na siya nag-alinlangan pa. Pagkatapos nang nangyari sa zipline kung saan pakiramdam niya ay mamamatay na yata siya, tuluyan na niyang itinapon sa hangin ang kanyang inhibisyon.

She was breathless when he finally tore his mouth away from hers. They were both gasping for oxygen as their eyes locked together. She could see the smoke of emotions in his eyes that mirrored her own. He was burning... and so was she.

Habol pa rin niya ang hininga nang lumuhod si Benjamin sa kanyang harapan. May hinugot ito sa bulsa ng suot nitong pantalon. It was a small jewelry box. At nang buksan iyon ng lalaki sa kanyang harapan ay napasinghap siya. Her heart lurched out of her chest, her breath got stuck in her diaphragm.

Kumislap ang isang napakagandang engagement ring na mas lalong nagpamangha sa kanya. The glare from the round-shaped diamond that sat on top of a silver band momentarily blinded her eyes.

Oh my God! she palpitated in frenzy.

Kinuha ng lalaki ang singsing at marahang isinuot iyon sa kanyang palasingsingan. He planted a soft kiss on it.

Muli na naman siyang napasinghap kasabay nang malakas na palakpakan sa paligid nila. Tumayo si Benjamin at niyakap siya nang mahigpit. Ginantihan niya ang yakap nito. Nalulula pa rin siya sa nangyari.

"You're mine now, Maru," he whispered on her ear. His hot breath that struck her earlobe suddenly made her squirm. My, but it was erotic. Mas lalo niyong pinagningas ang mumunting dila ng apoy na kanina pa tumutupok sa kanyang katawan. "We're now engaged and will be married very, very soon." The thick sound of ownership and possessiveness in his voice just added more power to his already overwhelming sensuality.

And just like that. She was engaged just like that to the man who could make her pant for him in an instant. She now wore his ring around her finger. She would soon be his wife.

A chilling gust of wind smashed at her back, blowing off the tiny flames of heat on her now cold skin. But she just pressed her body against his hardness. She breathed his scent. He reeked of every male beauty that could take her breath away.

He pushed her from him and his lips crashed on hers again. Seeking. Ravishing. Loving. And Maru knew that her life would never be the same again from now on.