Chapter 11

He was excited to come over to his condo unit to see Maru, but Benjamin's face suddenly scrunched up when he heard laughters the moment he opened the door.

"Sh1t!" he cursed under his breath as his muscles tautened in tension. Parang biglang sumirit yata ang dugo sa kanyang ulo. Kilalang-kilala niya kung kaninong boses ng lalaki ang tawa na narinig niya na sumasabay sa tila tuwang-tuwang tawa ni Maru.

Anong ginagawa ni Nikolas sa unit niya? He didn't like him littering around with Maru. Lalo na kung wala siya.

He knew that Nik had a unit, too, in La Verve, sampu ng mga kaibigan niya, pero hindi niya inaasahang mararatnan ito kasama si Maru.

The thought that she was eager to make her leave last night and here she was now, so comfortable spending time with Nikolas in his own place made him fume in anger even more. His fist was inching to bust the face of his bastard of a friend!

Marahang isinara niya ang pintuan at ipinatong sa sofa ang mga pinamili niya. Last night, he stopped in the mall to shop for Maru's wardrobe that he could bring today.

Nasa kusina nanggagaling ang nakakairitang tawanan na naririnig niya. At nang masilayan niya ang tagpo sa may katam-tamang laking kitchen and dining, his teeth gritted in distaste.

Maru and Nikolas were sitting in the dining table and talking as if they were deeply engaged in a conversation. Nikolas was animated as he threw her jokes on her and Maru would burst in laughter.

He had to summon a mammoth of self-control not to rush at Nikolas and beat the hell out of him.

He drew a sharp breath before he revealed himself in the line of sight of Maru and Nikolas.

"Nik, what are you doing here?" he asked in a dangerous tone. He slid his fists in his pockets so he could stop himself from lurching at his friend and give him the blows he so deserved.

"Oh, hey, buddy!" si Nikolas na nilingon siya at nginisihan siya nang nakakaloko. "I was just around the neighborhood and checking if you're here. And then I saw Maru to my surprise. Nandito pala siya pero wala ka."

That was because the little, feisty woman didn't want him around her in his own condo unit! But she did welcome Nikolas as if she owned the place. Damn!

"Dumating na ako, Nik. Puwede ka nang umalis," pormal na wika niya gayung nagtatagis na ang kanyang mga bagang sa inis.

"Actually, kararating lang niya, Benjamin. I'm making a coffee when he knocked," singit ni Maru na tila nagpapaliwanag.

And she made a coffee for Nikolas, too? He eyed the cups of coffee that the two were drinking in the morning as they shared a hearty laughter. Mas lalo tuloy kumulo ang kanyang dugo.

Never in his entire life that he hated Nikolas until now. Inaagaw ba nito si Maru sa kanya? Well, he wouldn't dare. Hindi siya magdadalawang-isip na pulbusin ito nang pinong-pino kapag nagkataon!

"You're not needed here anymore, Nikolas. Makakaalis ka na." Nagtitimping utos niya rito. He made sure that he got the message clear as he didn't want to repeat himself.

Napakamot sa ulo ang kanyang kaibigan. "Whew!" anito na malapad siyang nginisihan. "Tinatakot mo naman ako, bro."

"Better get out now, Nik," he smiled at his friend but it was a smile full of threat. "You're stepping in a dangerous zone, you know."

"Okay, bud," itinaas nito ang dalawang kamay. "I get it," he grinned at him again. "I'll go now before you transform into a hulk. Mahirap na." Tumayo na ito at nagpaalam kay Maru.