Chapter 10 continuation

"Where are we?" tanong niya nang itigil ni Benjamin ang sasakyan sa isang parking basement.

"La Verve, Maru," simpleng sagot nito habang tinapunan siya ng pansin. "Let's go!" Nagpatiuna na itong lumabas ng sasakyan.

She was about to open the door to get out of the car when Benjamin opened it himself. Bumaba siya ng kotse nito. He closed the door and automatically locked his expensive sports car using his remote control.

"Give me your laptop," he quipped and snatched what she was carrying in her hand. "This way, Maru..." wika nito na hindi siya nililingon. Diretso ang paningin nito habang naglalakad.

Napilitan siyang sundan ang lalaki. They headed to the lift. He punched a button and they waited for the door to open.

Benjamin's face was formal and he seemed as if lost in his thoughts. His lips were thinly pressed together, still looking kissable though, and she dropped her gaze to the floor when he glanced at her.

She stopped the heat from creeping to her cheeks. Did he saw her looking at his lips?

Bumukas ang pintuan ng elevator. Walang tao sa loob. Nagmamadali siyang pumasok. He made way for her. Lihim na nahigit niya ang hininga nang makapasok sa loob si Benjamin at sumara ang dahon ng pinto ng elevator.

He was standing beside her and she could feel him, every inch of him. She had the urge to look at him, but she fought it. Kinakabahan kasi siya. Being with Benjamin in a small enclosed space was enough to make her fidget.

Number 21 and pinindot na button nito sa control panel at parang walang hanggan yata ang lumipas bago nila narating ang pakay na palapag.

Nauna itong lumabas ng elevator nang bumukas ang pinto. She followed him. They were walking along the corridor when she opened her mouth. "Where are we, Benjamin?"

"La Verve, Maru..."

Kaagad na nainis siya sa sagot nito. Ilang beses na iyong sinabi ng lalaki sa kanya. That wasn't exactly what she meant. "What are we doing here?" She didn't hide the annoyance in her voice.

Tumigil ito sa harapan ng isang pinto at binuksan iyon gamit ang dala nitong susi. "We're here in my condo unit, Maru," he said as he slid inside a spacious, luxurious living room. "You're safe here..."

Sumunod siya sa lalaki at pumasok sa loob. She couldn't help but admire the place. It was cozy and well designed. The furniture and fixtures looked expensive and custom-built.

The place looked modern, minimalist in design, and exuded elegance. The custom-built sofa set was covered in black leather adorned by throw pillows with colorful accents and designs. An expensive, cream-colored curtains hung in the wall to ceiling glass windows. He must have hired a talented interior designer and splurged a hefty sum of money for his luxurious dig.

"From now on you'll be staying here, Maru. You're safe here and we have tight security." Ipinatong nito sa center table sa living room ang kanyang laptop.

"I don't need to stay here, Benjamin," kaagad na tutol niya. "I have my own place..."

"But you're not safe in your apartment," he said in a growl. Inisang hakbang nito ang pagitan sa kanila.

"Hindi mo na problema iyon-" Bigla na lamang siyang naumid nang saklitin nito ang kanyang baywang at hilahin siya palapit dito. Her chest rubbed against his taut abdomen, her face burried in his chest. Napasinghap siya sa pagkabigla at nalanghap niya ang bango nito. My, he really smelled good!

"Thank God you're safe, Maru," he rasped. Mahigpit siya nitong niyakap. She could feel relief and tension in his rugged breathing.

It felt good to be trapped in his arms. She was smelling his manly scent while his arms draped around her. It was comforting and blissful, but at the same time, freaky. She had this feeling that she would love to be imprisoned in his arms forever.