I Can't Leave Yet

Here it is even though i didn't get all the votes i wanted :( i've been ITCHING to update SILENT TALK!!!! so here it is PLEASE HIT THE VOTE BUTTON AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew’s POV:

“Love you too,” I said lightly before Tristan left. He looked at me for a moment longer before smiling and walking outside to wait for Victor to yell at him. No one needed to tell me that all my hope was for nothing. I was dying not stupid. I heard the nurses and doctors talking outside my door saying how sad it was for Tristan to come every day like it was just some cold that I had instead of a dying heart.

“It’s so cruel. Every day around three that handsome lad comes for his dying boyfriend. Bless his soul what’s going to happen when he’s gone?”

It was cruel. I leaned against the hard pillows the hospital gave to their patients. I closed my eyes listening to Victor telling Tristan that he should stop fighting and just let me die and peace. Well he didn’t say it like that but I knew what he meant. Not giving me hope because one day I won’t wake up and Tristan would be all alone.

I couldn’t do that to Tristan. I knew he was freaked out about my condition and I could see it in his eyes that he wouldn’t know what to do if I were gone. That’s why he keeps visiting. I opened my eyes to see that it was dark outside Victor was going through channels and turned to look at me, “Hey.” He said softly and it looked like he’s been crying.

“You can go home,” I said softly trying to find another comfortable place to lay with no luck I stopped and looked at my uncle who looked just as I sick as I felt. He looked unhealthy. His golden hair was unwashed and looked like he hadn’t seen a comb in months. There were dark circles under his green eyes and he looked like he put his face in white powder before visiting me.

“No. No,” he yawned and stretched as he stood up, “There is nothing on these damn TVs.” Before taking a seat again and leaning on my bed. “I’ve talked to the doctors they are saying they want to do some more tests tomorrow morning.” I frowned nodding. I didn’t like half the tests that I have to do usually I just sit there and they scan my body that we already know what’s wrong.

“Ok.” I said sighing wanting nothing more to be with Tristan. My cheeks began to get hotter at the thought of what could have happened and maybe should have happened if Victor didn’t interrupted. I wanted to be with Tristan. In his room with the door closed and locked. I could feel my weak heart begin to quicken in excitement.

“Matthew?” Victor looked at my heart monitor. I blushed harder.

“I’m fine.” I mumbled as I turned to my side with my back towards him watching my heart monitor as it began to go back normal. I didn’t understand the machine even when the doctors and nurses tried to explain it to me. It just felt like a dream. That one day when I wake up I’ll wake up in my own room and everything will be ok.

I wouldn’t be sick and on my death bed. Victor wouldn’t be upset and feel like it’s all his fault that he didn’t watch the signs better and Tristan. Tristan wouldn’t be so sad.

Even if he didn’t tell me I could see that it took a toll on him the same as Victor.

I sighed and looked at the door. I was lucky that I didn’t have to share a room with other patient. It was sad enough that the doctors already saw me as the walking dead I didn’t want to see another person just as sick as me.

“Well I’ll leave. Be back in the morning.” Victor kissed my forehead and pushing my hair out of my face and looking at me with his tired green eyes, “We’re going to be fine ok?” he asked as if I knew that all we had to do believe and everything will be ok.