Fight For Him

it's been awhile since i updated i know :( lots of things have happened and i had to decide how i was going to end Silent Talk so i finally came up with so it wouldn't seem rushed or not making any sense at all so i hope you like this chapter don't forget to hit that Vote Button ---> and comment too!!!!

I sat there for a moment. It was like the world was going to end when Victor told me that. “W-What’s wrong with him?” I asked and Victor looked at me like he was trying not to cry.

“He needs a heart. H-His blood type is rare. And there are only a few people with it.” he said softly.

“T-They can’t do anything?” I asked and Victor shaked his head.

“The doctors told me that he has a 10% chance to pull out of this.” He sat down covering his face. I just sat there feeling numb.

“Does he know?”

“Of course he does.” Victor said harshly.

I nodded and walked back into the room and Matthew sat there with his breathing mask on, “How are you feeling?” I asked softly and he smiled softly nodding his head softly. “Seen better days huh?” I joked and he laughed a little only to start to coughing.

I waited. He began to start breath right again. “Matthew. You have to pull through for us.” I said softly and Matthew looked at me like he wanted to tell me.

“For me.” I said softly, “I can’t live without you. What will you have me do?” I asked him taking his hand in mine. He watched me with his green eyes swelling with tears. I pulled his hand to my lips kissing it softly as we just sat there thinking about everything that we couldn’t do but wanted too.

~

I visited Matthew every day and every day I felt my like my heart was going to break. By now the nurses knew me by name, “Good afternoon Tristan.” A black woman smiled at me sweetly. I nodded to here as the same route that I have for a month. I couldn’t stand the hospital. It’s like everywhere you look someone was dying. I didn’t understand how people could stand working here day and night.

I opened the door to see Matthew watching TV as he took a sip of apple juice, “Hey,” I said softly looking around to see if I saw his uncle who wasn’t there. Matthew looked at me and smiled sweetly at me. “How are you feeling?” he shrugged a little.

“Doctors are saying I’m doing better.” I nodded even though I knew they were just lying to him. Victor told me that yes Matthew was improving but so did his twin brother and when they thought that everything was going to be ok again until he died out of the blue.

 “He’s sick and he’s dying Tristan. I want him to be happy.”

“That’s good to hear babe.” I said taking a sweet next to him grabbing his hand and rubbing small circles gently against his smooth skin.

“They said that they can try making an artificial heart,” Matthew said after a while of silence. I looked at him and he looked up at me, “It’ll take some time for them to make it but it’s better than nothing. Right?” he said softly. I nodded.

“We’ll have more time.” He said softly squeezing my hand. I looked down at our hands not wanting to tell him that he wasn’t going to live. That we weren’t going to have the life that we dreamed of. “Tristan.” He pulled my face so I was looking at him. He looked so pale and tired.

He was fighting for me. For us.

“I’m fighting but I can’t do it alone without you.” I stared at him for a long time before nodding. He smiled at me and sighed leaning to kiss my lips gently. I grabbed his face deepening the kiss. I wanted to show him through that kiss how much I loved him how much I needed him how much he meant to me. I wanted to put all my feelings for him.

Until someone coughed ruining the moment. I pulled away to see Victor glaring me. Matthew was blushing as I pulled away. Victor looked at Matthew with a sweet smile, “How are you feeling sweet?” Victor pushed Matthew’s hair back and kissed forehead.

“Good. I was telling Tristan about the artificial heart.” Victor eyes flashed towards me but he went back to look at Matthew with gently eyes.

“Yes well we are still hoping.” He said softly treating like a child. “Well I think it’s time for you to leave Tristan right?” he asked not looking away from Matthew’s face. I looked at him for a moment before I sighed and looked at Matthew who was frowning.

“Yeah I do. I totally forgot what with school and colleges.” Matthew’s face lit up at the talk about school. Once I brought up school Matthew went on for hours and hours about how he hopes we would get in the same college and share a room. I smiled and sat back when Matthew started to talk about Berry College in Rome, Georgia. It was a small private school with a beautiful campus and I could see Matthew there.

“And, and we c-could-”

“Now, now.” Victor stopped Matthew in mid-sentence after an hour passed. “Tristan can I have a word with you? Outside please.” I nodded and got up.

“I’ll see you later. I love you.” I kissed his lips gently.

“Love you too.” His cheeks were a light pink color. He was beautiful and I knew that I loved him.

I walked outside the door and Victor closed the door behind him, “Don’t do that.” Victor growled at me the first chance he got. I frowned and looked at him.

“Don’t do what?” I asked him leaning against the wall.

“Giving him hope! Talking about college when we both know he’s not going to make it.” he hissed at me silently. I looked at him for a moment.

“I’m doing everything I can to make him happy.” I said harshly getting in his face. “I’m trying my hardest not to tell him that everyone thinks that he’s going to dye and no one is giving him hope. He wants me to fight for him. And I’m going to fight for him case he’s fighting for me. I am the only one who seems to care for him what about you Victor? Do you care that your only nephew is trying to fight for his life and you are giving up already?” I asked harshly trying to keep my voice down.

“I’m going to fight for him are you?” I didn’t wait for his answer before I left slamming my car door behind me. I sat there in front of the hospital trying to calm myself down. I had to stay strong for Matthew because who else will be strong for him if not me?

__________

i am either going to plan on ending the story in the next chapter or in two chapters what do you guys think?