Want Him Out Of The Picture

Tristan’s POV:

I didn’t want to go to school. I groaned and turned over in my bed pulling my alarm clock out of the wall. Who cares if I skip school? “Wake your lazy self-up!” I groaned when I heard Darien banging on my locked door. I didn’t want to be bothered by anyone. I looked up at my ceiling shaking unable to stop myself from seeing those strange bright green eyes, “Don’t make me bust open your door!!” I shook my head and jumped off the bed taking my time to the door.

I didn’t bother turning on the lights as I opened the door, “What?” I growled and he looked at me up and down with the almost same face as mine. He shook his head and scrunched up his nose.

“It’s time for us to go.” He noted and I shrugged, “Now.”

“Do I look like I’m ready?” I asked and he looked down at me with my PJ pants that were barley staying on my waist. Darien rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air. He was dressed with dark skinny jeans with our school’s hoodie on with a buzzing bee on the front. I always hated bees and just because our team mascot was a bee didn’t change the feeling either. His hair was all over the place but I suppose a lot of girls and boys found that pretty sexy. Who knew sex hair was sexy?

“Well I am and that means you need to be ready also.” He growled and stopped off. I shook my head. He treated me so badly but when it came to everybody else not including Chase he treated them like they meant something to him. I didn’t take it to heart though or at least I tried not to.

I closed my door and got into the shower. I didn’t bother taking my time since Darien was already pissed at me and I jumped out only to brush my teeth then rush back into my room to get dressed. Twenty minutes and I was ready. I walked outside with my book back on my shoulder, “Let’s go.” I said to Darien who was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“I’m not ready yet. You took too long.” He said not even looking at me. I didn’t know what to say. I stood there for a moment before shaking my head. Fine. I might be protective over my brother but sometimes enough was enough! “Where are you going?” he asked me and I shrugged.

“I’m heading off to school. Chase can pick you up.” I opened the front door and walked over to my car. Darien was right on my tail.

“You’re kidding right?” he laughed uneasily and I frowned looking at him. His idiotic smile fell, “Please don’t.” he begged me and I opened the door.

“I don’t know? Maybe I shouldn’t since you don’t seem to care about me at all.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Doesn’t matter get in.” I said trying not to show how upset I was with his mistreatment of me. I mean I know he doesn’t mean it most of the time. But why does he get all of his attention. Darien stared at me for a moment before shrugging and getting into the car. We drove in silence and it was killing me.

I was glad that we were at school where everything was loud. Chase was standing by his car looking like he usually did. Annoyed. I got out of my car, “What’s up man?” I bumped fists with him and he nodded.

Chase looked around frowning still, “You’ve seen mute boy?” he asked and I frowned. Chase had….well I don’t know what his problem was but he hated- and I mean hated gays. He always saw it as his duty to make every homosexual at our schools life a living hell. And ever since mute boy came alone Chase has had a new chew toy. Chase’s green eyes searched the parking lot until a red car pulled up to the front of the school. “There he is.” Chase smiled as his eyes followed mute boy.

“Chase….” My words died down with the look Chase gave me. I sighed and shrugged and allowed him to go to do as he pleased. I didn’t even know the guy so why should I help him? I couldn’t even stand him. I mean I understand that some people have it hard but still it didn’t mean you hated to be mute. Even I had a troubled past but I didn’t allow it to hold me down.