I'm So Sorry

Matthew’s POV:

I frowned as I heard an annoying beeping sound. A cold drift running through my body as I searched for some covers, “Matthew?” someone was calling out for me and I frowned because my eye lids felt so heavy. “Matthew can you hear me?” the voice sounded so scared and worried and all I wanted to do was tell them that I was ok. A little sore and confused but ok.

“Tristan you got to give him some time.” I frowned at the other voice telling Tristan not to worry. I fought to open my eyes to see a blinding light. I hissed, “Matthew!!” the first person I saw was my uncle who was like right in my face! “Oh Matthew!!” before I could react Victor had me in a death grip and I felt some things pulling at my arm.

“Ouch.” I groaned and Victor let me go before whipping his tears. I smiled softly rubbing my arms but stopping when I saw needles under my skin. “Where am I?” I looked around to see that I wasn’t in my room.

“You’re in the hospital.” I turned to see Tristan sitting in a chair next to me looking awful. I wasn’t used to seeing Tristan with dark circles under his eyes or to see his hazel eyes red or his skin ghostly pale. He looked like he needed to see the doctor. He smiled softly and I couldn’t help the warm feeling that erupted throughout my chest.

“Hey,” he said after awhile and I smiled.

“Hi.” I was finally able to find my voice and he laughed getting up.

“I-I guess I’ll leave you two alone for awhile.” Victor slowly left the room closing the door behind us. Tristan leaned down hugging me softly before kissing me on the lips with this sudden hunger to it.

“Don’t ever do that again.” He growled against my lips before taking my breath once again. I whimpered nodding my head. He pulled away and new tears were running down his face, “God Matthew I-I thought you were dead!” he cried before hugging me. I frowned.

Why was Tristan crying? “Well…I’m not dead now.” I said hoping it would ease the tension and it did because Tristan smiled at me and nodded.

“Yeah I kind of figured.” He said softly but his eyes were still troubled.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and he shook his head, “Tristan?”

“It’s nothing. J-Just if you didn’t make it there would be two coffins that they’ll need to bury.” For a second I didn’t understand what Tristan was saying until it finally clicked.

“Matthew?” he leaned in and that only gave me more room to slap him. He jumped back glaring at me for a moment, “What the hell!” he shouted but then he looked taken back. “Why are you crying?” he asked softly I shook my head.

“D-Don’t ever talk about killing yourself! Never!” I glared as I tried to wipe my tears. Tristan frowned and sighed before sitting on the bed pulling me closer to him as he kissed my head.

“I-I can’t. If I lost you Matthew. I might as well be dead. I love you so much you don’t understand.” He said softly rubbing small circles on my back, “When I saw you….not moving I thought you were dead. I seriously did and it scared me like you have no idea. I didn’t know what I would do if you didn’t make it.”

“You would have moved on.” I said softly and Tristan gave me this funny look. Like he knew something I didn’t.

“No. No I wouldn’t. I would think about you ever second and blame myself for what happened to you. I still blame myself. I-If I didn’t stay with you that night none of this would have happened.” He said softly and I frowned until I figured what he was saying blushing mad at how daring I’ve been.