Hello?

here's the chapter like i promised!! vote and comment

Tristan’s POV:

After thirty minutes of waiting….waiting for the ambulance to come. I was scared. It’s too late. They’re too late. I don’t even know what happened. I just saw him last night! Last fucking night!!! Victor was with them when they were bringing him on the stretcher, “He’s going to be okay!?” he kept shouting at the people as they carried his nephew away and caught a glimpse of Matthew. He looked like he was sleeping peacefully.

When we made it to the hospital it was too late. Matthew was dead.

The funeral was in a few days. His own parents didn’t even show up to their own son’s funeral!! I stood beside Victor as the preacher said some encouraging words. I didn’t much believe in faith as much as others. But all I wanted to know was why God?! WHY!!! “I-I just wa-want to th-thank everyone….M-Matthew w-w-would have….” He couldn’t even finish his speech.

An older black man came beside Victor and began whispering something into his ear and he nodded, “Tristan.” I knew it was my turn to do my speech.

I felt numb and I didn’t want to do it. My eyes were red and they hurt. Even today I was forced to come. I slowly walked my way on the wet grass the color of Matthew’s eyes and in front of his coffin. He wasn’t supposed to be in there. He was supposed be alive….with me.

“I want to say that Matthew was a wonderful person.” I started off my throat closing on itself. “I-I loved him very, very much.”

Chase was holding Darien who was crying. It was like he was crying for the both of us because I couldn’t shade a tear. Not even when it mattered!

“Matthew had a troubled past. A past that made him feel unwanted….unloved,” Victor let out another sob, “His own parents didn’t care about him.” I took a deep breath.

“But I did.” I said softly, “He wasn’t supposed to die at such a young age. He really didn’t.” I started to shake as I looked down at the coffin that was closed. I wanted to open it and tell him. Shake him and tell him that this wasn’t funny.

That I couldn’t live in a world with him. I just couldn’t!!!

“Tristan!” someone called out my name but it sounded so far away.

~

I woke up in a hospital bed, “…ok?” I heard someone outside the door. I looked down to see Darien sleeping on my bed.

“Darien?” my voice sounded off. Darien’s eyes snapped open and he was on me in two seconds flat crying.

“Oh God!!” Darien sopped my chest. I coughed.

“W-What’s wrong?” I asked feeling a mild headache forming.

“Y-You fainted at the funeral. Oh my God I thought you died when you fell on the coffin!!” he went on and on.

Funeral?

But then it all came back. Matthew was gone…..Matthew…..

“DOCTOR!!” I could hear Darien shouting as he tried to keep me still. It took me a moment to figure out that I was the one shaking. A handful of people began to rush in at once and I started to freak out even more. What’s going on!?

“Someone get this guy out of here!” someone shouted and two men began to pull a kicking and screaming Darien out of my room. “It’s ok Mr. Tristan…we’re just going to put you to sleep.” A female’s voice said softly as I felt something cold go into my veins and suddenly my eyelids became too heavy.