Chapter 16

Bellatrix began to stir. She could feel the warmth of the body against her own, and smiles. She inhales the scent of the woman, finding it relaxes her.
She opens her eyes. Minerva still sound asleep.
This time some light from the morning sun could be seen on Minerva's face, where the curtains hadn't been pulled completely shut.
Minerva snores ever so softly, her lips parted slightly. Bellatrix could see where the elder witch had dribbled a little on the pillow, she found it adorable.
She carefully moves her hand from the woman's waist to tuck a strand of hair behind Minerva's ear.
She mumbles something inaudible as she nudges closer to Bellatrix.
Bellatrix smiles wrapping her arm back around Minerva's waist, holding her close.
"My little teddy bear." Bellatrix whispers, placing a kiss on the woman's head.
Minerva mumbles in her sleep, Bellatrix chuckles softly.

Bellatrix lay awake simply watching the sleeping woman in her arms for a while, that was until Minerva began to stir.
Minerva opens her eyes, then squints, she blinks a few more times before she could finally see properly.
"Morning sleeping beauty." Bellatrix whispers, a grin across her lips.
"What time is it?" Minerva whispers, still squinting slightly, Minerva was not a morning person.

Bellatrix moves slightly to check the clock, earning a grumble from Minerva.
"Half 7, we have plenty of time." Bellatrix smiles, lying back down.
Minerva closes her eyes.
"Were you watching me sleep, last night?" Minerva asks opening her eyes.
Bellatrix remained silent, her heart began to pound like the drums of war.
"You snuck into my room to watch me sleep didn't you?" Minerva scans Bellatrix's eyes only to see panic.

"Possibly...?"
Minerva sighs closing her eyes once more, though a smile was evident on her face.
"Was that the first time?"
Bellatrix remains silent for a moment.
"No." She finally answers.
"How many times?"
"A lot." Bellatrix whispers honestly, her eyes still scanning the woman's face.
Minerva sighs.
"Are you creeped out?" Bellatrix asks, slightly worried Minerva would freak out and not speak to her again.
"No, I don't think anything you could do creeps me out anymore. I've gotten use to you and all the weird little things you do, over the years." She opens her eyes again, smile still in place.

"One question though, Why do you watch me sleep?"
Bellatrix thinks before answering.
"I usually watch you because I myself can't sleep. And...well watching you makes me happy. It brings me peace." Bellatrix smiles moving her hand to twirl a strand of Minerva's hair around her finger.
Minerva studies the younger woman's face for a moment, is it possible Bellatrix did feel the same way as her?
Minerva sighs then snuggles closer to Bellatrix, the ravenette smiles.
"You're so cwtchy especially when you're tired, it's adorable." Bellatrix holds the woman tight.
Minerva just grumbles, hiding her now pink cheeks from the woman.

***

Minerva sat at her table coffee in hand.
"Are you planning on going down for breakfast in your dressing gown love?" Bellatrix comments coming up behind the woman.
Minerva inhales closing her eyes.
"Frankly I'd much rather go back to bed."
Bellatrix chuckles.
"Well I could always make us breakfast." Bellatrix smiles placing her hands on the woman's shoulders.
The woman began massaging Minerva's shoulders
"Oh that's nice." Minerva sighs.
Bellatrix smirks, as she hit a spot earning a accidental moan from Minerva.
Minerva instantly sat up straight, suddenly very tense.
Bellatrix chuckles.

"I'm going to change now, I'll meet you in the hall." Minerva instantly stood up and walked to the bathroom leaving a grinning Bellatrix behind.

***

"Ah Roo, I'm glad I've got you alone." Bellatrix smiles quickly pulling the woman into an empty classroom.
"Now Bellatrix I'm flattered but it's a no." Rolanda grins
"Oh I think I might cry." Bellatrix responded sarcastically.
"So what did you want?"
"I need you to keep Minerva busy for at least two hours."
"Why?"
"Because I want to get her something, but I just can't seem to go anywhere without her wanting to tag along."

Rolanda chuckles.
"I'll help." She smiles.
"Grand." Bellatrix grins.

***

"I've won again. Honestly Rolanda you might as well give up." Minerva smirks at her friend.
"Never! I'll beat you yet you old hag."
"Really, name calling." Minerva arches her brow and Rolanda laughs.
"So tell me, any progress with Trix?"
Minerva gasps " Rolanda, I'm not going to discuss this with you."
Rolanda rolls her eyes "Can we just skip the whole" the short haired woman began mimicking her friend "oh Rolanda I can't believe you said that! Oh Rolanda that's really none of your business, We're just friends!" The short haired witch adds.
"I don't sound like that!" Minerva narrows her eyes.
"Yeah you do. Now spill!"

Minerva sighs rolling her eyes.
"Well if you must know, no there isn't. Though I did find out that over the years she's been watching me sleep." Minerva makes a move.
"Yeah, sounds like something she'd do." Rolanda smirks.
"Oh hush up." Minerva rolls her eyes.
"Well it's pretty obvious she has some sort of attachment to you, borderline obsession even. And it's so painfully obvious you care for her. I mean you live together, you teach together, you're pretty much together all the time, you bicker like an old married couple. You're both pretty protective of each other. Not to mention she had the tendency to get possessive over you."
"That's ridiculous." Minerva frowns and Rolanda arches her brow, though decided not to argue on that part.
"I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you've shared the same bed." She adds instead and
Minerva remained silent.

"Oh my Merlin! You have haven't you!" Rolanda yells excitedly.
Minerva's eyes widen she looks around the empty room double checking for prying eyes.
"Would you keep your voice down!" Minerva snaps, honestly sometimes she wondered why she even trusted this woman with her secrets.
"Sorry." Rolanda looked slightly guilty.
"I think you'd make a cute couple." She grins.
"Uh, you sound like Albus." Minerva rolls her eyes.
"Just tell her Minerva." Rolanda smiles.
Minerva sighs.
"I can't, I- I don't know how."

***

Bellatrix smiles happily, her list was now complete. She'd wrapped and hid the presents in her room until Christmas Day.
Now to find Minerva and Rolanda.

"Aha I've won!" Rolanda exclaims excitedly.
Minerva gasps
"You tricked me! You brought up Bellatrix knowing I'd get distracted." Minerva narrows her eyes at her laughing friend.
" I can't help it that you're so smitten with her you're unable to concentrate on the game."
"You cheat."
"What did you except, I am a Slytherin after all."
Minerva folds her arms not impressed, completely unaware that Bellatrix was outside the door listening to the conversation.

"Oh this will be fun." Bellatrix whispers to herself smirking.