Chapter 61

In the great hall, All the students are seated, green banners with a serpent on them decorated the ceiling. Bellatrix sat smugly beside Minerva, who gets the go ahead from Dumbledore. Minerva arose to her feet and dings her glass with spoon, doing her best to ignore Bellatrix who decided to run her boot along Minerva's foot beneath the table.
The hall fell silent as all eyes fell to her, she then took her seat and Dumbledore rose.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." Dumbledore began and Bellatrix grinned, winking at a not so amused Minerva.
"Better luck next time Love." Bella whispers.
"Shut up." Minerva responds, turning her attention back to Dumbledore.
"Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. And In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points." Minerva suddenly had the urge to smack that smug grin off of her lovers face.
"And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."
"And there we have it." Bella chuckles, nudging the woman beside her.
The Slytherin students began cheering as did Bellatrix and Snape.

"How are you holding up Minerva?" Snape asks from the other side of Bellatrix.
"Perfectly fine, why wouldn't I be?"

"Come on love, don't look so glum." Bella whispers a smirk plastered on her lips, running her hand along Minerva's covered leg beneath the table.
"Stop it." Minerva whispers, trying to swat the woman's hand away. Bella only chuckles in response as she began tugging at her skirt.
"Bella I'm warning you."

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." Dumbledore smiled, turning a moment and winking at Minerva.
"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points. "
"Oh he's not, the bastard." Bella growls
"No need to look so glum Bellatrix dear." Minerva smiles as Albus continued to award points to her house.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points."
"Yeah well it's not hard to beat him." Bellatrix rolls her eyes.
"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." Dumbledore adds.
"Cheating bastard." Bellatrix mumbles sending a death glare towards the ancient man.
"You're such a sore loser Bella." Minerva smirks.

"That makes Gryffindor tied with us." Severus said to Bellatrix who huffs.
"And, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."
"He's just making shit up now, I didn't see him giving any to Draco when he fought a bloody troll and stuck with Harry in the woods." Bellatrix folds her arms.
Minerva only chuckles.
"And finally, 10 points to Draco for bravery and loyalty to his friends when they needed him."
"Satisfied?" Minerva arches her brow and Bella only mumbled.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." Red banners with the Gryffindor house decorate half the hall whilst Slytherin decorate the rest.
"The winners of the house cup are Gryffindor and Slytherin."
Minerva smiles proudly and began clapping, Bellatrix glanced at the ecstatic woman and despite her current hatred towards Dumbledore Minerva's smile was contagious.

All the students from Gryffindor and Slytherin stand and throw their hats into the air with excitement as they all cheer. Harry hugged Hermione who responds, though her eyes wondered over to Slytherin table were they met Draco's. The boy smiles at the brunette who returns the smile instantly, her eyes lighting up with joy.

"I reckon there's something there that could blossom in the near future." Bella smiles nudging Minerva in the side, she follows the woman's gaze and frowns at the hugging friends.
"Harry and Hermione?"
"What, no! Follow here gaze Minnie." Minerva did as she was told and saw the smiling blonde boy.
"I second that statement Bella." Minerva smiles.
"Or could be the weasel." Snape comments catching both there attention.
"Ron Weasley?" Bella frowns
"No, it's clearly going to be Harry."  Dumbledore made himself apart of the conversation.
"Well there's only one way to solve this." Bella smirks and Minerva rolled her eyes.
"I thought we agreed no more betting on students." Minerva said
"Oh come on Min, you know you love it just as much as I do. Besides we're going to win."
"Oh you're on." Snape narrows his eyes at his friend,
"Get ready to cough up some money in the future boys." Bella smiles folding her arms.
"50 galleons, she'll go for the weasel. Gryffindors...They never go for the Slytherins."
"Oh I wouldn't be to sure about that." Bellatrix smiles, Minerva glances at the table trying to hide the slight tint she knows is forming in her cheeks. Bella's hand stroking her leg definitely didn't help.
"Only 50? I say 100 galleons it'll be Harry." Dumbledore smiles confidently.
"Fine, 100." Snape rolls his eyes
"Oh you're so on." Bella grins.

***

The days slowly got warmer, and all the children of Hogwarts ushered around the train station saying there goodbyes as they boarded the train. Harry and Hermione walk towards the train, Hermione waving to Hagrid as she boards, Harry quickly ran over to the half giant and hugged him
"Thought you were leaving without saying good-bye, didja?" Hagrid smiles patting the boys back. He glances up toward the transfiguration window to see Bellatrix stood watching the children leave, he meets the ravenettes attention who nods with a smile.
Hagrid takes a red album out of his coat pocket and hands it to Harry. "This is for you."
"Thank you Hagrid."
"Don' thank me, it was Professor Black who wha' had me give it to yer." He nods towards the woman in the distance.
"Professor Black...?" Harry glances towards the transfiguration room only to see an empty window.

***

On the train Harry finds the compartment where Hermione and Ron are sat and joins them. The duo smile as Harry takes a seat beside Ron, Hermione's smile grew brighter as she noticed Draco walking by and waving to her, she waved back before returning her attention to the boys.
"What?" She frowns at the look they gave her.
"I can't believe you're still friends with Malfoy." Ron folds his arms.
"He's quite nice, and he helped me out a lot."
"Yeah, he's not that bad Ron...I mean he could of left me in the woods but didn't."
"See!" Hermione pipes in.
"Whatever." Ron shrugs reaching for a chocolate frog. Silence passed between them.
"So Harry what did Hagrid give you?" Ron asks looking at the album.
"Oh it's a photo of me and my parents...he said it's from Professor Black..."
"I told you she was great." Ron smiles, Harry remained silent. Now he felt bad for not trusting her, or to mention her and Professor Mcgonagall got him his first broom. Maybe he had judged the entire situation wrong.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione said after a moment of silence.
"I'm not going home. Not really." Harry said, meeting her gaze.