Finale chapter

Minerva examined herself in the mirror, tonight was the staff party and she'd managed to get a spot in one of the fancier Wizarding restaurants and decided it might be the perfect time to wear the dress she picked out herself. Bellatrix had yet to see it, Minerva picked it out especially for the woman knowing Bellatrix had a certain taste when it came to dresses.
She wore a emerald green dress that fitted snuggly around her top half, it had long laced sleeves that covered her arms and ran down the entire dress. At the waist down the dress became loser and pooled around her feet.
She let her hair flow down her shoulders and it stopped just at her backside. Slight curls started forming at the ends of her hair from years of wearing it in a tight bun.
Minerva applied a small amount of make up then debated on what earrings to wear, oblivious to the woman standing in the doorway.

"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies" Minerva jumped slightly at the intruding voice but couldn't hide her smile as she turned to face the intruder. Bellatrix smiles from the doorway before cutting across the room and stopping just inches away.
"Do you like it?" Minerva asks, noticing the woman eyeing her over.
"Is this what you're wearing Love?" Bella asks as she slowly began circling Minerva.
"Well yes...I thought you would have liked it"
"Oh I like it very much Minerva, but if you wear this out tonight I can't promise that dinner will be the only thing I'll be eating at the table." Minerva furrows at first until she caught on to what Bellatrix was referring to.
"Bellatrix!" Minerva smacked the woman's shoulder as her cheeks turn an unimaginable shade of pink.
Bella growls as she took hold of Minerva's arm and pulled her so close their lips were practically touching.
"You look ravishing Minerva, and I swear to Merlin if I catch anyone trying to make a move on you I'll slit their throat then and there."
"Oh no you won't, do you know how long I've been trying to get this reservation? If you so much as do anything that could get us kicked out, I'll, I'll" Minerva said as Bellatrix interrupted her.
"You'll what love?" Bella smirks as she leaned down to steal a kiss.
"I'll never let you come anywhere near me again." Minerva had her now.
"You can't do that, I'd die!" Bellatrix said dramatically as she glared at her lover.
"Well you better behave tonight then hadn't you." Minerva smiles.
"But what if some idiot comes up to you?" Bella asks as she brushed her nose against Minerva's.
"I'll handle it."
Bella growls, "I'll try very hard to be good tonight...for you."
"Thank you." Minerva smiles as she wraps her arms around Bella's neck, who in turn wrapped her arms tightly around Minerva's waist. The woman squealed slightly as Bella picked the woman up off of the floor.

"Bella what are you doing?" Minerva smiles as Bellatrix nudged her head into the woman's neck.
"I love you Minerva, more than anything in this  world, more than words could ever describe."
"And I love you Bella, now put me down." Minerva smiles, her hands moving to cup Bella's face.

***

The staff eagerly gathered in the hall, all waiting for the deputy head mistress to make her appearance. They all arrived 15 minutes early to the time Minerva had set, knowing far too well that the ever so punctual woman hated tardiness, particularly when she'd organised it.

Minerva entered the hall, with Bellatrix in tow and was slightly shocked at everyone's reaction to her.
"Wow Minerva, don't you look...different." Hooch was the only one brave enough to say something. Minerva instantly tensed, invisible to everyone around her apart from the woman beside her who took Minerva's hand in her own.
"Doesn't she look simply wonderful." Bella said a smile grazing her blood red lips.
"Bloody gorgeous!" Rolanda said approaching the pair.
"I knew you were hiding something Minerva Mcgonagall." The short haired witch smiles. Pomona was the next to comment on Minerva's outfit, followed by Poppy and Filius.
Bella gently squeezed Minerva's hand before leaving it go and heading towards Severus.
"That dress wouldn't have anything to do with you would it?" Severus arches his brow.
"Surprisingly no, though it looks marvellous on her don't you think?"
"It does, very nice. Though it's rather risky don't you think?" He turns his attention to Bella.
"Risky how?"
"Risky for the poor soul who looks at her in the wrong way, I've seen what those hands of yours can do to a person. I had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing it once."
"I promised I'd be on my best behaviour, not to mention I am no longer that person." Bella turns her attention back to Minerva.
"Anyway, I've noticed Poppy looking rather pretty tonight, and you've washed your hair...care to tell me what's going on there?" Bella smirks as the man shifted in his position, he became tense.
"I best go look for Albus." He said before leaving the chuckling witch all alone.
Minerva approached the woman with a smile plastered on her face.
"What have you said to him?"
"Nothing, he's gone to find Albus." Bellatrix turned her full attention to Minerva.
"Ah yes, and Albus better have a good excuse as to why he's not here when everyone else is." Minerva quirks her brow.
"Probably got carried away admiring himself and his obscenely offensive socks in the mirror." Bella smirks.
"Well He's got just under 12 minutes to make an appearance." She said glancing down at her watch.

"So Minerva..." Rolanda said, approaching the pair once again.
"Where are we going tonight?"
Minerva smiles proudly,
"That Rolanda dear is for me to know and the rest of you to find out." Minerva couldn't quite contain the excitement that was written upon her face. Bellatrix only grinned like a Cheshire Cat at her Minerva's ability to be so adorable without even trying.