Chapter 9

When I say the bakery was busy I meant really busy.

Gabriella was running back and forth from taking order to getting order and to making sure everything is running smoothly.

Everyone was working today and that was super convenient for today.

The bakery was finally dying down and everyone could breath.

Since it was dying down both Gabriella and Francine went on their lunch breaks and then after they got back Debby and Daphne would go on theirs.

Gabriella walked home for her break and took a nice power nap and once that was over she grabbed a snack and was headed back to work.

When she went back to the bakery it was still the same and they were almost out of cupcakes and pies.

Once Francine returned from her break Debby and Daphne was sent to theirs.

Francine tended to the guests while Gabriella was making cupcakes and pies.

Gabriella made enough to get through the rest of the day.

Gabriella closed the bakery a little early today but it was a good reason because they had a handful to orders to make.

Everyone stayed a little late to help and they got through half the orders and all decided it was good enough for the day.

When Gabriella arrived home she just fell right on her bed and never wanted to move.

After a couple of hours of just laying on her bed she knew she had to get up and eat something.

Once she finished eating she watched some tv and then fell asleep on the couch.

She woke up to the sounds of ringing and answered the phone "hello".

It was Debby "Where are you the bakery is supposed to be opening in 5 minutes and there are people in line and I would of opened it but I left my keys in the bakery".

"Oh no I forgot to set my alarm I'll be right there".

Gabriella felt so stupid.

She quickly put a change of clothes on, brushed her teeth, and then her hair.

This was probably the quickest she left in the morning in so long.

She was always on top of being on time and she was late.

Once she arrived to the bakery she kept saying sorry and people in town were so nice and she didn't hear any complaints.

Once the people in line were taken care of it was back to normal. Normal being it wasn't busy busy.

"So how did you forget to set your alarm? I mean you are always on time" Debby said.

"I don't know I was just so tired and fell asleep and just forgot".

"I wasn't going to say anything but yes you look tired".

"Hey i didn't have time. When i hung up the phone with you I got up so quick just put this on and now I'm here".

They both laughed.

Gabriella decided it wasn't a good idea to go back home for her lunch break just in case her little power nap yesterday was the reason she was so tired.

Instead she went to the coffee shop and sat and enjoyed her break.

She decided to bring back coffee for everyone.

All the orders for the day were officially picked up and they didn't have orders as of right now until a couple the 23rd. The bakery is closed both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Gabriella is going to miss being around town during holiday pickups because as much as she isn't in the holiday spirit she does love making others happy with pies, cupcakes, and cakes.

Gabriella would be checking in so much that it will feel like she isn't even gone.

After work Gabriella took herself back to the diner for some pancakes because she couldn't get enough of them.

Gabriella double checked her alarm to make sure it was set and then she called it a night.