Chapter 60

I was actually scared. I can't do anything that exhausts me for the next few months the doctor said. He also told me to rest at home for the next two months and to not go to school. But me being me I wanted to live a normal life like all the others. I am not willing to spend another year in school. Especially there's a prom coming up and graduation and the after-grad. And all of this with the love of my life. I am so scared of losing, I am not willing to give up on all of this. I always keep thinking of what I did to deserve Ace, he made me strong, courageous, made me trust again and most importantly he taught me how to love again. He taught me to stand up for myself. He accepted me for who I am. He did all of this to me, and I didn't do anything for him. After what that bimbo told me in the food hall I realized that I am still Ella Walter who was beaten to death. And I'm also the orphan who had an abusive step-father. I am a girl who has epilepsy. I put my hand on the stitches on my neck and realized that I would live with that forever. Changes in life don't mean your past is forgotten, it will always haunt you in every possible way. I realized I was on the lake sitting in a ball and with a few tears on my cheeks.

"here you are I've been looking for you for ages. I looked at him and he noticed the tears on my cheeks. He sat next to me "what happened?" Ace asked me while I was on his lap burying my head in his chest. It's the place that I call home, reminds me of November where we drink hot chocolate and cuddle. "Ace I don't deserve you," I said "In the end, I am Ella Walter who has a haunted past and is covered with scars. The change in my body isn't going to change what I had in my life. You've done a lot of things to me Ace, and I did nothing" I said. "Hey Ella look at me" he demanded lifting my chin. "your scars aren't something you should be ashamed of." He touched my neck. "they tell people that you fought your life. That you're a warrior, that you walked through a lot. Do not be ashamed of the wars your soul has fought to save itself. And you Ella, you have done a lot for me. You also changed me. I was someone broken. You healed my heart. I thought I was a killer and you proved that I was different. You changed me from negative to positive. You brought the smile on my face. A wise person once told me." He stopped "who you used to be, isn't who you are now. Who you used to be, isn't who you are required to be. You don't have to carry your past in your wallet if it's no longer what you identify with. You are allowed to empty your pockets to feel lighter from everything that weighs you down." I smiled and hugged him "you fixed me Ella Walter and I fixed you too" he looked me in the eyes and put a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. I pulled him by his shirt and gave him a peck on his warm lips. "much better" I smiled and he chuckled. "We have to go, you have a battle to fight. Between the bimbo and you" I laughed and took his hand that he was offering me to get up.

We went to where the game should take place and saw the bimbo wearing new clothes. A tank top and cotton shorts and as usual heels. "are you ready loser?" I looked at Ace to avoid eye contact with her. I looked at her with gritted teeth. "I am not a loser and I'm gonna show you right this moment when the campers come" I looked away from her.

After fifteen minutes the teachers came and the whole students were here too. The game was that we run for like a km but during that km there are a lot of steps jumping stones, crawling underthings. We have to catch a colored ribbon each before heading back. And we have to run the whole way back but without the crawling and the jumping and stuff.

"Are you sure you want to make this?" Ace asked me. I nodded. I was worried. "are you sure you want to do this with the heels?" I asked Rachel that was next to me ready for the sign to begin. "ready get set-" Rachel begins to run without even hearing the sign. I was about 4 seconds behind her. I ran faster until I reached her. I looked at her and then focused on the trail I am supposed to follow. I found five hurdles after each other each one higher than the other one. I jumped every single one of them. I saw Rachel jump the first two and skip the others. I couldn't tell her anything because I couldn't bear the pain. I found the thing we're supposed to crawl under. I crawled and saw Rachel ahead of me. I run fast enough to get my ribbon before hers. She stopped I didn't know why. I saw her take the ribbon and head back. I run faster and get the ribbon and head back. The pain in my legs was unbearable. But I didn't stop. I saw the people from far away cheering my name. I fall with my whole body I was laying on the ground. That bimbo pushed me. I looked up to see the people blurry.

I get up wanting to prove her wrong and most importantly to prove to myself, my boyfriend, my friends and the whole school that I wasn't a failure. I get up and couldn't move for a second, I took a second to begin to run. I run slow at first but my speed begins to increase. I was limping until the end. Before we get to out goal I run faster than her and I was ahead of her.