Chapter 12

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or if I was in some strange reality. Maybe I ate something rotten making my mind fathom up a ridiculous paradox of the old world. Somehow I was standing in front of women dressed up in big fluffy gowns, no doubt strangled by corsets, and men wearing tight slacks and way too flamboyant flannel shirts. I was in a completely different century. By the looks of it I had landed in the Middle Ages, medieval possibly. I was walking aimlessly down the dirt road but it was like no one could see me. I was invisible, that was how I figured I was in a weird dream.

The town houses and brick complexes were closely attached to each other. People were huddled about the streets talking frantically to one another. They spoke a foreign language; French I think. Even thou I couldn't understand them I knew they were scared and panicked. The thick fear in the air was nothing new to me. I understood too well that feeling.

I just didn't understand why I was here. If this was a dream, what the heck did I eat to make me dream up something like this? Honestly I never remember my dreams. I just didn't get it. And I don't recall watching a movie or documentary lately on the Middle Ages. This was just weird.

Staring at the sidewalk in front of me I saw a small boy, no older than four. He was barefoot and dirty like the mess of his blond hair that was turning brown from the debris. My heart literally broke just gazing into his haunted blue eyes. He was hurting and most likely lost. My instincts forced me forward to reach the boy. I wasn't sure what to do but it seemed as if he could see me too. But as soon as I got close enough he ran away, I followed.

He lead me through the small alleyways till finally he stopped in front of the most horrific scene I had ever witnessed. Half the town was on fire and I could hear the victims who were still caught in it, screaming to their deaths. It was bloody horror screams that would forever haunt me.

"All suffrage ends when light appears and God interferes."

I turned to that familiar deep voice. Let's just say I was extremely shocked to see Cal in my dreams like this. So shocked I had to confirm he was really there.

"Cal?"

I wanted to believe it was him but there was something strangely different about him. His hair was a dirty blond and the familiar yet creepy blue eyes I grew accustomed to were now green. A evergreen color that were too sad and full of emotion to actually be my dark cynical imaginary friend stalker.

The Cal lookalike smiled warmly at me. It was actually a sweet genuine smile that I knew Cal could never pull off with me.

"No. My name is Matthias. I am Callias' twin brother."

Callias? Who was th- lightbulb. This Callias must be Cal. What the? He did mention he had a brother, but never would I have thought twin brother. Matthias looked exactly like him, in every shape, way, and form. From his facial bone structure to his impression body muscle mass. Everything was the same besides their hair and eye color. It gave me chills. Was this brother a jerk too? Was I on his hit list as well?

"It is nice to finally meet you...in the flesh." He took a step closer towards me.

He was in all white. His simple plain t shirt and spotless slacks gave him a special glow. Maybe I was going crazy because it honestly looked like he was a human glow stick. Where were these tiny rays of sun coming from? Like he even needed the extra attention. These twins were the most beautiful creatures I had ever feasted my eyes upon.

"What do you mean in the flesh?"

I guess I was so dazzled by his existence that I hadn't realized everything around me was in ice mode. The people and fire were frozen, and I could no longer hear their cries of pain.