Chapter 1

Dark forces surround the corners of the earth like leeches attaching onto fresh blood. They are non-human energies who feed on the fears of the weak. The majority of the human race is weak. The world has evolved into a massive roller coaster of temptations. These temptations cause people to subdue to the sinful urges of the flesh and of the mind. Fears develop when the mind recognizes danger and determines whether to confront or run from it. Fear based emotions lead to an energetic opening where all those dark unimaginable spirits and entities can come to life. They surface through and if they are strong enough possess the bodies of humans.

Churches never capitalize on how much power these dark forces have but they grow quickly with each aspect of doubt. Demons are the product of our other side; that side of us that we try so hard to run from or suppress. Every living being has a demon. They latch onto us because we are their life force and when they are strong enough they can depart. Their departure can be the most lethal destruction to our existence. But that is where my family and I come in. We are the blessed and the protectors of human kind. Since birth I was trained to fight the demons of the dark, the followers of Lucifer.

For centuries preachers, pastors, apostles, and even church followers were equipped enough to sustain the negative dark forces and demons from overtaking the earth. That was Lucifer's plan wasn't it? Hell on earth. Fear and sin began to grow rapidly fast causing the balance of good and evil to tip. The longer the demons feed on the human emotions of pain, depression, addiction, anger, anxiety, and so on the stronger they develop. Eventually giving them power to morph into a solid form, no longer needing a host.

My church and congregation of Christ are called upon under the blessed saints. My family has been summoned for a divine purpose since birth. My brothers, sister, and I are not like ordinary humans. We are blessed to see all forms of dark negative energies whose intentions are to harm or control the human race.

My life has never been normal but at the moment I wouldn't have it any other way.

I turned to my right where my brother, Gabe, was conspicuously hiding his new custom blade under his leather jacket. Our swords were carved with holy markings and scriptures that can ultimately kill any demonic forces when plunged into the heart. Gabe was way too excited to try out his new toy.

"Do you kiss her and tell her how much you love her?" I teased because I was sure he already named his blade.

Gabe furrowed his brows. "That's why she stays so loyal to me." He patted the end of it like a person would a baby. "I'm one with Eleanor and she understands me."

I rolled my eyes. He was such a weirdo. "Sounds like a serious commitment. Does your fiancé know about her?"

Gabe's wicked signature smile was beyond devious intent. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Said all divorced guys in the world." My brothers were quickly making me believe all men were hopeless retards.

Gabe stopped just short of the office desk without responding with a witty comeback. Guess I won this round. The lady in scrubs filing her nails wouldn't even look up. She was too absorbed in her manicure to even notice us. We were just passing through anyway. The hospital was dead quiet, then again what do you expect at 2 in the morning? Everyone should be sleeping.

There was just something so eerie about being in a plain white hospital hallway which smelt like hand sanitizer with absolutely no one in sight and in the dead of night. Don't get me wrong I had seen some scary things but man did I hate hospitals.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I whispered because I didn't want to wake anyone up.

Gabe gave me that annoyed look. "Yes, Pierce said that the boy died this morning. The dark shadow should still be here."