Chapter 3

I couldn't shake off that stupid feeling. Since yesterday with that interesting eyecandy daydream and the tragic end of Mrs. Lawrence I was constantly looking over my shoulder. It was kind of like that horrible feeling of someone creeping on you.

My life was anything but normal but that strange chain of events was not usually my typical day. Maybe I was over thinking it.

Evil was everywhere and in almost everyone. No one person is without sin; therefore, evil was a part of us all. It was up to us to determine how much of it we were willing to let control us and consume our lives. We fight it.

Christians like us fight our temptations because we mediate and pray for guidance and help. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you." Its just a matter of how great your faith is.

I guess a good distraction for my ridiculous paranoia was doing wedding errands with my future sister in law. Paige, Gabe's fiance, was a small town girl that surprisingly didn't run when she found out about our family's special occupation.

Paige was intrigued from the start and understood and encouraged Gabe with each round about fight fest. I figured most girls would run the other way once they knew we were some sort of ghostbusters of the demonic field. She got our cause and knew this was our mission from God. I guess both Gabe and Pierce were lucky to have found understanding and fearless spouses.

Paige held up my bridesmaid dress and frowned. "It's supposed to be purple."

I tilted my head and squinted my eyes. Nope, still not purple. "Blue is the new purple...somewhere in the world."

That's what we get for ordering Chinese manufactured dresses online. It wasn't the quality because it was a gorgeous dress but the color was all off. Their color wheel was very misleading.

"Is that part of the world half color blind?" She was obviously still upset.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure let's go with that."

Paige dramatically threw her arms up in the air. "Oh why is this happening to me?" There was literally days before the wedding.

"It might be karma. Have you stolen, cheated, or pissed anyone off lately?"

She shook her head. "Not that I recall."

"Are you sure? Checking out guys other than my brother is technically a sin for you now. You're engaged." Me, on the other hand can wonder on and admire every blessed male God created.

Paige threw the dress at me, probably too wake me up from my random lapse into fantasy land. Honestly that picture of the perfect angel guy that stabbed me at the coffee shop flashed in my head.

"Noooooo. I haven't." She exaggerated.

She was acting like it was the end of the world. Man was I glad I wasn't a girly girl. I just wanted a simple wedding whenever my special time came.

I patted her shoulder. "There's no need to lie. God didn't make us perfect." Wait, scratch that. "Well except for Henry Cavill. Every inch of him is perfection."

Paige rolled her eyes. Ok yeah, I was definitely getting off subject.

"How about we just change the color theme? Let's go to the tux place and get the guys' suits to match this color." I raised the blue dress in my hands.

She nodded pitifully. I felt bad for her. It was supposed to be her dream wedding and it wasn't exactly turning out like she planned. I was used to compromise. My life literally revolved around it.