Chapter 11

Today was Easter and I could honestly say I loved this holy holiday. It couldn't come at a better time. I needed some spiritual guidance. I prayed for my sanity; I prayed for strength because I knew Cal was nowhere near through with me. I still wasn't sure what he was exactly but I did know one thing. He wanted to hurt me and possibly kill me in the end after he uses me for whatever he was planning. I really needed to figure out what he diabolical plan was.

But for now I needed to focus on the present. The whole family was over for dinner and it was the prefect distraction.

Right when I walked into the kitchen my mother had to ask, "Did you invite Cal to dinner?"

Uhh Noo. "He's sick."

"Aww," she sympathized. "You should bring him leftovers or something."

I shrugged. "Nah."

Before she could chew me out for being a bad girlfriend to my fake boyfriend Caleb came jumping onto my lap. He was the cutest little thing ever.

"Laken, this week I learned about the Egyptians in school. Did you know they worshipped cats?" He used parenthesis marks when he said worshipped. "Cats! Why couldn't they pick a cooler animal? Uwww like dinosaurs."

I took his hand and lead him to the living room where my brothers and sister with their spouses were hanging out. All of them were on their phones. Like seriously, what was this world coming to.

"Baby I don't even think dinosaurs existed then."

Caleb rubbed his chin. "Well they should have."

The door bell rang and I looked around the room. Everyone was here. Who could be at the door? I volunteerally opened the door since everyone else was absorbed in the cyber world.

I nearly died when I saw Cal casually standing on my porch. He smirked and I wanted to smack that smirk right off his beautiful face. I poked my head out and turned in random directions. My neighborhood was quiet and no one was about.

How does he even know where I live? "How did you find me? Stalker much?" This was totally creepy. Why was he here?

"Oh baby I always have my eyes on you." He inched closer so I could get the message loud and clear. "Always."

I don't care how gorgeous this man was, this was getting weird. "Most girls wouldn't mind being stalked by a sexy psycho but most of those girls end up dead." That was not me.

His brow arched and I noticed his clean face. He didn't have his lip piercing in. Why? I must wonder. Was he trying to make a good impression on my parents? Aww heck no. There was no way I was letting him in. I swung the door shut but my mother was behind me. I swear sometimes I believed she was a undercover ninja.

"Who is it Laken?"

Cal used his super strength to open the door and I groaned as he practically rammed the door into my side.

"Cal, is that you?" My mother batted her eyes.

Cal used his award winning Colgate smile and kissed my mother's hand. Freaking cavanova. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Yes Mrs. Reese. You look beautiful today."

My mother actually blushed. This sickly gorgeous man actually made my own mother turn red...like a freaking lobster. Oh please, get it together mother.

"And here I thought Laken said you were sick."

I waved my hand up. "It's a miracle. He's healed." Doubtfully by Jesus.

"I'm feeling much better." He lied.

My mother fell for it easily. She looped her arms around his and lead him into the house. "Well you're just in time for dinner. Come on in."