0.00

Louis had always been one who was keen on his own company. It's not that he didn't like people or being around people, in fact he was the opposite. Louis was the biggest people person, he loved talking to people, laughing with people and just people in general. But his own company was the best kind. Especially after the madness of his 15th birthday and Christmas. He'd only been 15 for six days and he still felt no different, he didn't expect to either.

Now that Christmas was over his sisters had forgotten the excitement of it and gone back to using Louis' as their main source of entertainment. He loved his sisters and playing with them was one of his favourite things but the company of an 8 year, a 6 year old and two 3 three year olds wasn't always interesting.

Stan had gone to Spain for Christmas, Olly had gone to Wales and Jamie had gone to London so, as usual, Louis' was left in Doncaster with the shitty weather and baby sitting duties.

That's why he found himself traipsing to the park on the afternoon of the 30th of December, rucksack slung over one shoulder and the laces of his oldest pair of Vans dragging along the pavement. He had told his mum that he needed to escape the noise and was going to the park to finish homework, she laughed because they both knew he wasn't going to do that but let him go anyway.

He sent a text to Stan, Olly and Jamie before shoving his phone in the pocket of his hoodie and pulling out his Geography text book. Geography was the lesson Louis hated most but he had to take at least one humanity subject for his GCSEs and Geography was the easiest. Although, he, his geography teacher and his mum knew full well he was going to fail, he still kept at it, a little hope left.

Louis had been sat in the park for nearly an hour, the afternoon sun slowly sinking behind black rain clouds. He cursed himself for only wearing a thin jumper and tracksuit, crossing his legs on the bench trying to keep in any lasting warmth. The work he had to do was strewn to the side, completely ignored and forgotten about as he watched the clouds, the ducks and the few people daring enough to come out in this cold weather.

Of course he didn't miss the man wearing blue gym shorts and a black zip up hoodie, chocolate curls peaking out of the hood as he ran along the path past the pond. Louis was entirely mesmerised. He couldn't see the boys face but he could see tattoos peaking out of bottom of his sleeve and the way his calve muscles moved as he slowed his run to a jog, coming up to the bench Louis was sat on.

The man seemed to take no notice of Louis and pulled down his hood, running his hand through his hair, earbuds still firmly pressed into each ear. Louis felt a gasp escape his mouth, the mans skin was a creamy colour, a light tan probably left over from summer, his hair was pushed back into a sort of quiff and his ear was dotted with a earring, another on the right side of his lip.

The beginning of the rain made Louis' jump, bringing him out of the trance he'd fallen into while staring at this person he'd cleverly named 'boy with hair'. Thankfully 'boy with hair' hadn't noticed Louis, too busy taking out his earphones and looking at his phone. Louis hissed when the rain began hitting his head, trying to quickly stuff his books into his bag which for some reason he was struggling with. All the commotion next to him caused 'boy with hair' to look up and stare at Louis, which made the 15 year old even more nervous.

"You alright?" 'Boy with hair' asked and Louis nearly fell over. The mans voice was slow and steady, the deepness of it startling him. Louis nodded and pushed the rest of his things into the rucksack, his hands shivering so much he could barely hold the zip.

The rain had seeped through his jumper and was sat on his skin like a cold balm, his fringe now stuck to his forehead and his glasses that he'd stupidly put on were fogged up.

"Look mate, you're shivering, You sure you're okay?" 'boy with hair' asked again, this time standing up and stepping closer to Louis who stumbled back a bit.

Louis nodded again and lifted his bag, turning to scurry away before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Here, take this." 'boy with hair' said, pushing his zip up into Louis' hands.

Louis was too busy trailing his eyes up the hundreds of tattoos scattered on either of the mans arms to notice the clothing in his hands. When he got to the mans face he noticed a piercing going through his left eyebrow and piercings in his lips known as snake bites. The apples of his cheeks were flushed with a cherry red that was most likely from running, but the colour only added to the intesity of the green in his eyes. His brown curls were pushed up into a sloppy quiff and only half covered his ears where Louis noticed two piercings on the left lobe.

"It might be a bit big but like it'll keep you dry until you're home and yeah." 'boy with hair' said again, hand going to the back of his neck and scratching there as he pulled his lip and ring inbetween his teeth.

Louis opened his mouth to say something but no words came out, he was too transfixed on the man before him. Louis had always been short, being 5'4 and all. He'd been the shortest in all of his classes since he was about 7 but he'd never felt so short until he was stood in front of 'boy with hair' who was at least a foot taller than him. Instead of replying, Louis pulled the jacket on, nodding at the man and giving him a small smile before practically running off.

A/N

edit, 23/04/18

i can't believe this book has hit 1M reads. i cannot fathom that number. it's been nearly 3 years since i started this and although this account is basically dead it still means a lot to me that anyone would read it and support it, so thank you so much!!! i hope any newcomers or old lovers still enjoy it to this day, thank you xxxxxx

BIG DISCLAIMER!!!
i was 13 when i first started this story so i understand some of the plot lines are problematic and unrealistic and my opinions of things have changed largely, but i was 13 and young and ignorant. forgive a sister! all the love x

There we have the prologue for When The Smoke Is In Your Eyes. It's obviously a larry story, if you can't tell from the cover it's fetus Louis and beginning of 2014 Harry. Louis is 15 and Harry is 18. The actual posting of it will be in the new year, love you x