0.23

19.03.15

~*~

It had been a little over 3 months since they'd seen each other. Harry leaving for uni on the 10th of April and not coming back until the 20th of July. They called each other and were constantly sending texts but it was different from being with each other most days. School had become a place Louis was constantly agitated, despite Max being there people seemed to start picking on him even more for being gay. It was as if the presence of Harry had scared them away. Because school had become worse Louis attitude towards school had become worse meaning that his grades were dropping and his behaviour in the classroom wasn't as good as it used to be. He was grumpy and agitated and he just constantly wanted to go home.

"Louis," his English teacher Mr Gomez sighed, knowing the boy wouldn't answer his question anyway, "can you give your opinion on my the author wrote this passage the way he did?"

"I don't have an opinion sir." Louis grumbled, his chin resting on his hand.

"Alright, can you stay after school please I'd like to have a word."

Louis sighed and rolled his eyes as people around him snickered to themselves. Jess caught his eye and raised an eyebrow as if to ask 'why are you being like this?' but he just shrugged and looked away. The teacher let them choose partners for the work they were doing and seeing as Jess was the only one of his close friends in the group he partnered up with her.

"What's gotten into you lately Lou?" She asked as she wrote both their names at the top of paper.

"Nothing, I'm fine." He denied quickly.

"This time 2 months ago you wouldn't have said anything like that to anyone."

"I'm fine Jess."

"Is it the bullying thing? I saw what they wrote on your locker Lou, why don't you tell someone?"

"It's fine Jess. Besides they're not wrong are they?"

"Faggot," she hissed as if the word was burning her tongue, "is a horrible word. It's not funny and I don't see why they think it's okay. Louis you like men, so what? They have no right to use such a disgusting slur in a bullying manner. You've got to tell someone, especially if while they're bullying they're also vandalizing by writing it on your locker."

"I'm not going to tell anyone Jess, if I do they'll just get worse. Maybe if I don't react then they'll stop." He said weakly, rubbing harshly at his eyes so he didn't cry.

"Babe." Jess sighed, hugging him.

"It's fine, I'm fine. Explain to me what we're doing again." Louis said, changing the subject.

With a reluctant sigh Jess let the subject drop and she didn't mention it again, telling Louis she'd wait for him outside at the end of the lesson while he was talking to Mr Gomez. The teacher just went on about Louis' attitude and how he hoped it would improve because other wise he wouldn't get the grade he'd like for his GCSE next year. He just nodded and told him he'd try harder before he was let out, Jess, Olly, Jamie and Max standing outside waiting for him.

Max kissed him lightly and took hold of his hand as they headed for the exit.

"Why are you glum Lou? Doesn't Harry come back Monday?" Jamie asked, noticing his best friend frowning slightly.

"Yeah, dunno if I'll see him, mum still doesn't know if he's coming back to look after the girls." He replied, smiling half heartedly.

"Bet you will, he loves you." Jamie teased, pinching Louis lightly as they neared the gates.