The one where she has it

Dylan's pov

There was a week and a half before emma was due. We were in our closet and I was packing her hospital bag. She was sitting on the small roundish couch in our huge room of a closet. She was telling me what to pack as I walked around, grabbing what she wanted. She was 8 months and 2 weeks preggo, so the baby was coming soon. Can't say I'm not nervous.

"What else?" I asked, looking back at her as she sat on the couch.

"I really can pack myself honey." She tried to say convincingly but then sucked in a sharp breath, clutching her stomach with a hand under and above.

I rushed to her side, crouching by her and putting a hand on her stomach.

"What's wrong? You okay?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah." She took a deep breath, puffing her cheeks before blowing it out noisily. "I'm fine. The baby only kicked." She sighed before looking down at her stomach with a smile. "Well aren't you ready to get out of there?" She cooed.

"I'm guessing yes. Doesn't look to comfortable in there." I thought.

She peeked up at me hopefully. She leant down, since I was crouching below her, and kissed me. I kissed back gently before pulling away.

I smiled up at her. "Nice try... the answer is still no. You can't pack with me, I don't want you walking around."

She sighed. "I tried." She mumbled, rubbing her stomach.

I stood up and walked across the closet to her side. "Shorts or leggings for after having the baby?" I asked her.

"Shorts. I wanna be comfortable." She said thoughtfully.

I nodded, grabbing her favorite pairs of shorts and handing them to her. Her bag was on the couch beside her, I let her fold and place her stuff in it.

"So are you nervous about having the baby?" I asked her curiously as I went into the bathroom.

"Not too much. It's not going to hurt, I know that." I heard her voice answer as I retrieved her toiletries.

"Really?" I gave her a doubtful look as I walked back into the closet, giving her her small bag. "Having a baby pushed out of your..." I cleared my throat and she rolled her eyes. "won't hurt?"

"I thought it would too." She admitted. "But I overheard your mom telling my mom how it hurt when she had you and Dylan. And bella. And then my mom and Lily's mom laughed at her, saying how it wasn't supposed to hurt." She thought back.

"Really?" My eyebrows rose in surprise. "Why?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged. "S'cuz she's half human."

I nodded. "Well no wonder she isn't very fond of us." I murmured teasingly and she laughed.

A week later

Emma and I were sitting at the breakfast table, eating together. She was due in about four days. We were talking about stuff for the baby. We'd already decorated the nursery so that's good.

"So what names have you come up with?" I asked her as I put my plate in the sink.

"If it's a girl then Nessie. If it's a boy, Cameron." She told me as I sat back down at the table.

"That's nice." I nodded. I wasn't so sure about Nessie but Cameron was a nice name.

"What about you?" She asked me curiously.

"Girl, Rosalie or Rose. Boy, Emmett." I told her with a smile.

She smiled back before her eyes widened and she gasped, clutching her stomach and bending over.