The one with the broken fingers

Sophie's pov

I woke up and it was so dim in my hospital room that it was practically dark. I rubbed my eyes before looking around. Keefe and I were laying on my actually very comfortable hospital bed. He was sleeping peacefully. I was laying on top of him. I tried to move, give him room, but his arm was wrapped so protectively around my waist that I don't think anyone could break his grip. I snuggled closer to him, wrapped my arms around his waist.

Then I remembered our baby. I looked around for Isabella and was confused when I saw she wasn't in the room.

I shook Keefe awake and let him stretch under me. He flipped us so that we were laying on our sides facing each other. My legs were between his and he had a hand on the side of my thigh.

"Keefe?" I whispered.

"Mmmmhh." He hummed tiredly, not opening his eyes.

"Where's the baby?" I whispered, putting a hand on his neck.

"What baby?" He mumbled, his eyes still closed as he was half asleep.

I sighed. I leant forward and softly kissed his bottom lip. The feeling of his soft, wet mouth in mine felt so good. He started kissing me back, roughening the kiss. He pulled me closer to press my body to his. It was like all the curves of my body fit his outline like we were made for each other. His hand rested on the small of my back and I had mine around his neck.

"Where's Isabella?" I asked him again.

"The nurses took her to let her sleep." He told me, sifting my hair through his fingers.

I nodded. He was watching me as I tied a ponytail again. When I was done I put my hands on his neck. He looked up at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked with a giggle.

"You look so cute in... those things." He pointed to my ponytail, not knowing the name.

I laughed softly. "Thanks honey." I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

We stayed there, relaxing in each other's arms. Then I felt something hard on the small of my back. I started to twist to see what it was but Keefe laughed.

"Whoops sorry." He chuckled and the hard thing at my back wasn't there anymore. He removed his hand and held it in front of us as he sat us up on the bed.

He was sitting against the headboard of the bed and I was sitting beside him, his other arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest.

The hand he was holding in front of us was almost fully wrapped in a pink cast. How could I have missed that?! Having Isabella really did drain me.

"What happened to your hand?!" I exclaimed as I grabbed it.

He started laughing again, and wasn't able to breathe as I inspected his hand. Something was definitely broken.

"Two of my fingers broke." He sighed with a smile.

"What did you do?" I asked him loudly.

"What did I do?!" He laughed harder, gripping my shoulders so he wouldn't fall. "Sophie... baby... honey." He calmed down, holding my face with his good hand. "You broke my fingers when you squeezed my hand during last that moment, before Isabella got here." He smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" I moaned, burying my face in his shoulder. "I'm so sorry!" I wailed.

He laughed at that. "It's okay. I didn't even feel it." He rubbed my back with a smile. I pulled away and looked up at him.