16: Transform

16: Transform
Date Written: October 29, 2019

[][][][][]

The Excelcis Emperor was like a fiend as he wandered around the battlefield. The players started to run away out of fear. However, he still managed to catch up and take away their lives.

"No!" A man cried out and erected  a sturdy sturdy barrier made out of psyche energy.

It never really did much and cracked under the enemy's power in just a  second.

The stronger ones among the players didn't fight solo. They combined their attacks which thankfully managed to slow down the emperor's movements. The only problem was that they barely dealt any damage.

Streams of psyche energy kept flying from the dead players to the giant crystal ball. The sight of this made the players despair.

They felt really frustrated and helpless. Will they really just end up as resources to be collected by some machine? They were unwilling but couldn't do anything.

Some players fell to their knees while crying after they saw their friends turned into psyche energy one after another. There were even some who begged the enemy to stop. However, would the enemy really do this?

As these events unfolded, Kian who was near the crystal ball restrained his presence as much as possible. As he slowly approached the huge object, a dangerous light can be seen from his eyes.

No one noticed his movements as everyone were busy escaping the rampaging disaster called the Excelcis Emperor.

Kian ignored the shockwaves of the battle and the sight of carnage. He raised his right hand and formed a fist. He took a deep breath and gathered all his strength on his arms before he sent a punch on the crystalline surface of the crystal ball.

Unexpectedly, it didn't break. There was only a crack which some psyche energies used to escape into the air.

His expression changed. He sent out multiple punches and the crystal ball's cracks multiplied. However, it didn't totally break.

"You dare?!" The emperor turned around and shot his angry gaze towards Kian.

The next moment, the emperor was already by his side and sent out a punch filled with psyche energy.

Kian braced himself for the attack but it didn't come. Instead, another person was sent flying on his stead.

It was Vanish who rolled across the ground as he endured the terrifying effects of the attack just now. Right after a few seconds, he managed to stabilize himself and stand up.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" Vanish screamed as loud as he can towards Kian asked he ignored the pain that assaulted his body from all sides and then went for a round against the enemy.

Kian gritted his teeth. Even though Vanish was strong, he definitely wouldn't be able to last that long against the enemy. He gave them guy a look before he reluctantly turned back and sent everything he got to the crystal ball.

Finally, his efforts bore fruit. A hole large enough for an adult to barely pass through was made.

Determination was written all over his face, Kian took a deep breath and jumped inside. The moment he did so, coldness washed over his body.

The psyche energy that formed into liquid was calm for a few seconds before they started to roll and enter his eye crystals.

The process was painful. Although he was becoming stronger, he was still barely just hanging on to his consciousness.

Soon, his eyes which were a combination of dark, metal, and psyche energies started to change. The elemental areas was slowly chipped off until they were fully removed leaving a dark red crystalline surface.

It didn't stop there. His dark red eye crystals was still changing in color. Slowly, they became even more darker. While all of this happened, the liquid psyche energy was slowly depleted and became gaseous.

The people outside could finally see Kian's eyebrows crystals which already became pure black. When the Excelcis Emperor, he almost became insane from anger. He lost his earlier indifference and screamed as he shot a spear made out of psyche energy which carried with it an unstoppable force.

The attack that threatened to hit Kian suddenly stilled on midair. Kian's eyelid moved and opened. It was purely black just like the Excelcis Emperor.

Suddenly, a force was emitted from his body that sent the spear flying in reverse to its owner.

The Excelcis Emperor was sent flying by his own attack to the shock of everyone.

Kian hovered above the ground as the remaining psyche energy in the gigantic crystal ball entered his body.

His ten black eye crystals slowly started to merge till they became a black halo over his head. There was a small area that didn't fully connect. It seems that there wasn't enough psyche energy to complete the halo.

Nevertheless, this new Kian was obviously more powerful than ever. Even the Excelcis Emperor himself revealed a look of terror when Kian's gaze fell upon him.

[][][][][]

Sorry for the late update. It's our immersion week. Thanks for reading!