Chapter 33 - [The Hero]

Hey everyone!!!

So I decided to upload this next chapter super early because I wanted to thank you all for your continuous support!! HEHE! So thanks again!! And don't forget to comment and vote if you're enjoying!! =D!

Take care,

Luckycharms

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It took much longer then Meenu thought it would take to be able to go home again. Three weeks, to be exact. It took Avaryn three weeks to decide that it was safe enough for Meenu to return home.

     Since Meenu still wasn’t as fast as any of the other warriors, Avaryn carried her on his back as the returned to Amberdyse.

     And when they arrived at the gates, he put her down.

     “I would take you straight to your door, but I don’t think your villagers are ready to even catch a glimpse of my face.” He said.

     Meenu just smiled. “I can walk, it’s not a problem,” she said, “but maybe you should start wearing your mask again?”

     “A mask would be an inconvenience.” Avaryn smiled before he leaned forward, “like when I do this.” He kissed her lips.

     He had only intended it to be a short, sweet touch of lips, but when Meenu wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer, practically offering her time to him, he couldn’t help it.

     And that was when he realized that the last time he had kissed her was when he told her the truth. Weeks ago.

     So he cherished the moment, wrapping his arms around the young woman he loved, realizing that in the situation that they were in, they may not be able to touch like this for another couple weeks.

     When she pulled away chuckling, he felt a sort of greed fill his heart. But being a warrior allowed him to overcome that greed, even if he didn’t see the need to do so.

     He smiled at her. “I will see you soon,” He said before he kissed her forehead, “please stay safe.”

     Meenu nodded. “I will.”

     And with that, he left, but only after touching her messy curls.

     Meenu stood there for a moment, feeling a little dizzy. But when she was recomposed, she turned around, smiled at Knight who was sitting there patiently, and made her way into her village.

     When she walked down the dirt road, she noticed that they were still fairly empty, but not as empty as they were the last time she was here. A man rode by on his horse that pulled a wagon behind him, and as Meenu stepped aside and out of the way of the wagon, she was surprised when he took his hat off and nodded his head at her.

     Meenu smiled.

     It was a short while after that that she reached the small park where the children always played. Of course, not many children were out, but five of them were running around, enjoying themselves.

     But when the children noticed her, they stopped playing.

     Meenu was used to this, so she just smiled as she continued walking.

     However, to her surprise, from the corner of her eye she saw two little girls from the group run towards her.

     She turned and looked as the children, approached her and one of them shocked her by grabbing her hand.