Chapter 7 - [Vision Spell]

When Meenu's eyes fluttered open, she saw Vanavy looking down at her, "oh! She's awake, sister." Vanavy said as she looked over at Lady Kay, who was flipping through a thick book.

     Lady Kay looked over at Meenu. "Welcome back, sweet girl," she said as she put her book aside and walked over to Meenu. She sat down on the floor next to her and Meenu smiled.

     They bed Meenu was on was very low. It looked like she was just sleeping on the floor but she was comfortable.

     Lady Kay took Meenu's hand and felt for her pulse, then she placed her soft, cool hand on Meenu's warm forehead. "You seem perfectly fine."

     "I feel fine," Meenu said, "I swear."

     "I believe you," Lady Kay said, "but Light was able to tell me a little bit about what's going on..." She looked down at Meenu's hand and saw the oversized ring. "The ring that refused to come off?"

     Meenu lifted her hand up and looked at the ring, "this is it."

     "And ever since you put that on... you've been having fainting spells?" Vanavy asked.

     Meenu nodded.

     "Do you remember what passes through your mind when you faint?"

     "No," Meenu said, "but the last time I fainted... I woke up feeling miserable... like I had a bad dream."

     "And this time?"

     Meenu blinked, "I feel... light hearted. Like... happy?"

     Vanavy looked at her older sister. "A Destynian would be the best person to ask for help."

     Lady Kay nodded, keeping her eyes on Meenu's ring. "What do you think, though, little sister?"

     "I agree completely with what Light said Master Red thought. It must be a vision spell," Vanavy said, "an object that refuses to leave the side of a person... and fainting? That's classic vision spells."

     Lady Kay nodded again, "I agree. She looked at Meenu, "think hard for a second, dear, try your hardest to remember what the vision was. Just for a moment."

     Meenu nodded and closed her eyes and thought and thought and thought.

     But nothing came back to her.

     When she opened her eyes again, she shook her head. "I can't recall it."

     "Then maybe a Destynian must be called." Lady Kay said, thoughtfully.

     Meenu sat up, pulled herself up and leaned against the wall behind her. "Is this... bad?"

     "Not necessarily." Lady Kay said, "what worries me is that according to Light, you found this ring in Kiaryna's garden."

     Meenu watched as Lady Kay looked over at Vanavy and then back at her.

     "I am a very good judge of character, if I do say so myself, and from the times I've interacted with Kiaryna, it is very easy for me to see that she is not someone who you'd want to be fiddling with your mind."

     Meenu nodded. Even she was certain of that. And she hadn't really even met Kiaryna.

     "But something else to consider is that this ring is a man's ring." Lady Kay took Meenu's hand in hers and examined the ring.

     Vanavy nodded, "it may not even be Kiaryna's."

     "And Kiaryna is very responsible... I don't believe that she would just leave it in her garden."