Chapter 1 - [The Wall of Lumyryn]

Meenu looked up and though she was in a forest filled with tall trees and thick leaves… she could still see the wall of Lumyryn.

     It was still a great distance away, but Meenu could still see the massive wall.

     The large wall was made of huge bricks and Meenu could barely understand how men could make such a thing. Of course, she had to remind herself that it wasn’t men who made it. They were Lumynos.

     They were capable of a lot more then the average human.

     It was shortly after she made her way out of the forest on her horse that she found a small village that sat right at the border of Raffyre and Lumyryn. She commanded Knight to stay near the edge of the woods as she went into the village to get some food and water.

     She rode her horse in and wasn’t too surprised by the stares.

     She wasn’t wearing her mask, though she knew she should have been, so it hung loosely on her belt, which was hidden under the cloak she wore.

     The hood of her cloak wasn’t on either, as Meenu found it annoying. Her curls were too many and too thick to be able to put a hood on comfortably, even when it was all tied back.

     When she reached a market, which was only a minute after she left the forest, she jumped off her horse, she didn’t worry about tying him. He was a well-mannered horse who wasn’t afraid of anything. He did get along with Knight, after all.

     She kept a smile on her face as she bought a couple things from a few people… but the longer she spent there, the more whispers she heard, and the more upset she got.

     The whispers weren’t about her, but it seemed like the topic of Seliaryn’s disappearance and Roviaryn’s treason were still a big deal here in this small village.

     “Treachery must run in their blood.” A young blonde man said to another man right when Meenu walked by. “It’s no wonder now that Seliaryn killed Dukaryn. He gets it from his cocky father.”

     Meenu stopped walking and looked over at the three men who were talking so cruelly about her friend.

     “I hope he rots.” The second man said, “wherever he is, we can’t have traitors like that alive. You can’t trust them.”

     “You can say that again,” the third, who looked the oldest, said, “and did you hear? They’re keeping his mother alive! She’s probably as bad as–”

     “How dare you!” Meenu hissed angrily as she approached the three men.

     The three men were shocked by the interruption. All three of them were young men who looked like knights in training. They carried swords with them and a small amount of armor.

     But to Meenu, the just looked like ignorant fools.

     “Lady Maryryna is the kindest Lumynos that ever existed. Everyone knows that!” Meenu argued. “And Seliaryn is not a traitor!”

     “Who the hell are you, girl?” The blonde said.

     Meenu was happy they didn’t know who she was. But she kept arguing. “Seliaryn is one of the very few noble men that exist in these lands. He isn’t a traitor.”

     “Are you stupid?” the angry blonde continued, “he swore an oath to protect the king and then he kills him!”

     “His father did the same thing too.” The oldest man said.