Chapter 7 - [History of the Lumynos]

Meenu woke up hours later than normal, but she was feeling fresh and happy, even though she was still unhappy with her current engagement to the King.

But something about that morning made her feel good.

She stayed in her bed for some time, wondering about silly things. Like the paintings on the ceiling of this room. And the view from the balcony... she hadn't gotten a chance to look out from it yet.

As she thought though, there was a knock at the door.

Meenu got up quickly and walked over to the door, wondering who it could be. When she opened it, she was rather surprised by the maids who looked stressed and annoyed. "You're late, Lady Kyrus." One of them said.

Meenu hesitated. "Late?"

"Lord Seliaryn has been waiting for you to wake up for hours."

Meenu's eyes widened, but before she could respond, the maids had rushed into the room to help her get dressed.

The women washed her and fit her into a tight corset before throwing on a new, red gown.

It was a lovely gown that was not too fancy and not too simple. The sleeves were short and loose, falling over her shoulders slightly and the material was soft and silky. She felt rather comfortable in it, though she normally hated gowns.

The maids brushed through her hair and pinned it up so that it wasn't in her face. However, the maids all realized that Meenu looked rather horrible with all her hair back, so the pulled out some strands and fixed it up into a neat half ponytail.

When they were done with her, makeup, jewelry and all, they sent her out.

Meenu walked out of the room with a big sigh, looking like a princess, but definitely not feeling like one.

However, Seliaryn, who was waiting outside the door, did a double take when he saw her. Meenu grinned when she noticed him and he shook his head as he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against. "I guess this was worth the wait."

Meenu hesitated, not understanding. "Sorry... I slept a little too long."

Seliaryn chuckled. "You look gorgeous, Meenu." Seliaryn said. "Red is a beautiful colour on you."

She blushed when he said that. "Thank you." She said. "But why do you look so exhausted, Seli?"

Seliaryn scratched his head. "Troublesome night."

"What happened?"

"Nothing that's important enough for you to worry about." He smiled at her. "Are you ready for today?"

"A tour, yeah?"

Seliaryn nodded as he held his arm out for her to take. "You'll enjoy it. This castle is thousands of years old and filled with history."

Meenu nodded eagerly. The one thing she liked more than running around with Knight and saving the village from ogres was getting a good lesson in history.

Seliaryn spent the whole day showing his close friend around the castle. He was a smart man, who quickly retained any information that was given to him.

Seliaryn was known for never forgetting. And that was why it was so easy for him to tell Meenu every story he had learned... from the story behind every single statue in the palace to the story of why they chose a certain type of stone for the walls.

But finally, they got to the interesting part of the castle.

The Lumynos Family Hall.