Chapter 36 - [The Past]

Hello everyone!!!

So I noticed an error in some of my earlier chapters and I'll fix it eventually but I thought I should clear it out for you guys too in case it confuses you!

Some of you may have noticed that I've been saying that the day Avaryn's father died was EIGHT years ago, but that's a mistake!!!!! It was actually SIX years ago!! Avarn was Sixteen when he killed all those people and he's twenty-two now! Meenu was twelve on that night and now she's eighteen (going on nineteen for those of you who care ;D)

I'm really sorry about that!! But I'll make sure I get it right from here on! HEHE!

Hope you enjoy the chapter, and as always, THANK YOU FOR READING <3 Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter!! And if you're enjoying the story and haven't done so already, I'd really appreciate it if you followed me too! 

Thank you!!!

Much love,

Luckycharms <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

When Meenu returned home after a day trip, she was more than a little surprised to see Avaryn sitting on her bed, waiting for her. He looked tense as he leaned forward, elbows on his knees and hands clasped together holding up his chin.

     He didn’t look at Meenu right away.

     In fact, he took his time to process his words before he turned to acknowledge the confused Meenu’s presence. 

     “What are you doing here?” Meenu asked as she removed her sword from her belt and closed her door after Knight came in. “Do my parents know you’re here?”

     He stood up. “Are you insane?”

     His words startled Meenu, but she could tell by the look on his face that he wasn’t exactly angry. Instead, he looked betrayed.

     She knew exactly what he was here for.

     And she wondered how he found out so soon.

     “I trusted you to keep it all a secret,” Avaryn continued, “do you know how likely it is that my plans could be ruined now?”

     Meenu frowned. But she knew she couldn’t exactly argue back.

     She knew that what she did was wrong.

     And she knew that she had betrayed Avaryn’s trust.

     “What benefit did you see in telling him this?” He continued, “did you think it would help my cause in any way–”

     “You two used to be best friends.” Meenu said.

     “Used to, he repeated, emphasizing the words. “We used to be friends. Now he wants nothing more then to kill me.”

     “Maybe not any more,” Meenu tried, “he told me that he’d try to be sympathetic to what you’re doing. He is trying to understand you!”

     Avaryn was clearly taken aback by that. He narrowed his eyes for a moment before he shook his head. “That’s ridiculous.”

     “It’s not!” Meenu started to argue, “what if there’s a chance? What if there’s a chance that he can trust you again?”