Chapter 28 - [The Gentle Lumynos]

Seliaryn paced back and forth in his father’s office. He had heard that the order to capture Meenu had already been set into action and he needed to discuss this with his father.

     But he was nowhere to be seen.

     Seliaryn could feel it in him. He could feel the upcoming horrors. And surprisingly enough, before even thinking much about it, he found himself going to the one person in this world who he could trust.

     His mother.

     Before he knew it, he was standing at the gates of his childhood home.

     It was a large mansion that resided not too far from most other Lumynos families. However, unlike the other Lumynos households, this one had an air of peacefulness to it.

     And it was a place that he hadn't been to in a long while.

     He really had no explanation for why he never visited. He loved his mother dearly and he loved this home dearly… but something always held him back. When he did go to visit, it was always with a bit of reluctance, and he would always leave as soon as he could.

     He grabbed the gate and pushed it open, and when he saw his mother standing at the door with a small smile on her face, he felt relieved.

     She was always waiting at the door for him.

     And he walked straight into his mother's open arms.

     "Where have you been, child?" She asked, kissing her son's cheek.

     Seliaryn pulled out of the hug and looked at his mother.

     Lady Maryryna was known by most Lumynos to be the most gentle and submissive Lumynos that ever existed. The complete opposite of her husband. Unlike the frightening Lord Roviaryn, Lady Maryryna always had a gentle smile on her face, and from his childhoold, that was always the smile that Seliaryn needed to feel better.

     Her voice was soft and her touch was as gentle as gentle could be. Those hands had never, in her life, touched a weapon, and everyone knew that she preferred to keep it that way.

     And her eyes may have had the same red shade as all of the blood thirsty Lumynos, but anyone could see that she wouldn't hurt a single soul.

     It didn’t take her too long to forgive her son for not coming to see her, and she watched him for a long moment before she spoke. "What's wrong, son?"

     Seliaryn sighed. “A lot.”

     She sat next to her son in her bedroom, giving him a plate of sweets and then holding his hand.

     “Father has captured Meenu.” Seliaryn said, setting the sweets aside. He didn't have the same sweet tooth his mother did.

     A flash of concern passed his mother's eyes. She let go of her son’s hand and pulled her very long, black, silky hair over her shoulder and began to fidget with it.

     Seliaryn noticed that she always did that when the topic was her husband.

     “Meenu?”

     "Yes," Seliaryn continued, "And this... well, she is in the wrong but I care about her... And I’m worried she's going to get hurt."

     "Why did your father take her?" His mother asked. “Was it to punish her?”

     "No. He's going to use her to kill Avaryn." Seliaryn said. "At least, he's going to try."