Chapter 37 - [The Friendship Bracelet]

Avaryn couldn’t believe how pleased he was with what had happened. He never imagined that his relationship with Seliaryn would ever be even slightly repaired. But now it was… ever so slightly. At least, their relationship was repaired enough for Seliaryn to not hate him anymore.

     Seliaryn may have still disliked Avaryn.

     But at least it wasn’t hate.

     That was enough for Avaryn at this point.

     And… Avaryn had to admit that this was all thanks to Meenu.

     He wanted to go and thank her. Immediately.

     And he wanted to apologize for snapping at her when they both knew her intentions were righteous.

     But just as he left the castle, he remembered what Master Red had told him.

     Lady Maryryna, Seliaryn’s mother, wanted to see him.

     Avaryn had to stop and think for a moment.

     Was it really a good idea to go see her?

     But the more Avaryn thought about it, the more that he realized that Lady Maryryna was sick and dying, as Seliaryn had said.

     It was only right to fulfill her wishes.

     So Avaryn turned around and headed towards the nation of Lumyryn.

     Avaryn had not visited Lumyryn in years. Since he chose to disassociate himself with his evil, he also chose not to return to this place. But now… it was different.

     He had reunited with his evil and was trying to accept his Lumynos self.

     And surprisingly, seeing Lumyryn after so long seemed to lift his heart a little.

     Lumyryn was never the gloomy, dark and desolate place that many often imagined it to be.

     It was a gorgeous land, filled with colour and liveliness.

     The nation was small, of course. In all honesty it resembled more of a very large village. It housed only Lumynos men, women and children, but had an inn where any strangers could stay if necessary for a limited amount of time.

     It sat between large mountains in which the precious, large rubies that were unique to Lumyryn were mined. There was fresh, green grass everywhere and colorful flowers in the gardens of all the homes. And a river ran right through the center of the land where water was retrieved and used for everyday activities.

     The houses were all large, evenly spaced and beautifully built with love and hard work as the myth of the lands creation says. But the largest and oldest home sat in the center of the land and was where the head of the clan lived. Not too far away from it was the massive statue of Lumyryn, erected soon after his death, a copy of it was what could now be found in Raffyre.  

     Men and women were busy at work and Lumynos children ran around and played, as regular children would too, sending the pleasant sound of laughing children through the land.

     It was a beautiful place to be.

     Not at all like what many Raffyrian citizens told each other.

     But their ignorance was justified.

     Because of the huge, thick, wall that surrounded the entire nation, and the two mountains that helped to hide it, most regular humans weren’t allowed to see what was inside, and those who did were simply lucky.