•67•

--Jennie--

She watched the lively city as the car passed by, mesmerized by its energy and vibrancy, shops open, restaurants full, people walking, running, chatting, laughing.

The sun blasted the windows of Seoul's tall buildings, and as her eyes remained clutched to the different views, Jennie realised something.

Maybe there had been difficult moments, maybe everything felt like it had been the end..  but life itself never stopped going on. And that was beautiful, because it gave faith.

Faith that there was a tomorrow.

Her fingers tightened their hold on Taehyung's hand, who had kept their hands together from the beginning of the car trip, and the boy turned around to look at her.

"Jen?"

"Mmh?"

She gave him a confused look, before eyeing her tight hold on him.

"O-oh sorry, didn't realise-"

"Hey, it's okay."

He only gave her a smile, and Jennie couldn't refrain from smiling back.

She only watched his thumb go over her hand and run circles over it, smoothing her thoughts and her insides, as well as etching that smile on her lips.

"We'll come back as soon as we get the pizza."

"You mean the burritos."

"No, I meant the pizza."

"I really think you meant the burritos."

"And I'm sure I fucking meant he pizza, you are the only one in this house who likes burritos, Jimin."

"Anways, bye."

And with that the window rolled up and the car left, leaving Jennie and Taehyung dumbfounded, before they both cracked in laughters.

"Will they ever stop fighting?"

"I don't think so. They were born to fuck with each other."

"..."

"..."

"I meant, like- not really fuck, but like- you know, just- be annoying with each other?"

Jennie looked at Taehyung and doubled in laughters while the tall boy slumped his shoulders with a pout, knowing he had made himself look ridiculous for one minute there.

"Okay Taehyung, let's just go upstairs."

And both opened the building's door as Jennie was still laughing.

The door of the apartment opened as Taehyung withdrew the key from the lock, and Jennie's eyes finally fell on the familiar living room, a spang of nostalgia hitting her.

Without a word, they both entered, and while Taehyung let his bag down and walked inside, the brunette remained clutched at the entrance, hand firmly holding her bag.

Everything was still there. Untouched. And even though these past weeks had felt like the last ones of her life, there she was, going back to her old routine.

"Jen?"

She dazed out and caught Taehyung standing in the middle of the room, a confused look on his face and an easy smile.

"What's wrong?"

She watched him in front of her, and something in her heart started beating faster.