•61•

--Jennie--

She knew.

She knew something was definitely wrong.

Because one, Jimin and Jungkook were very bad liars.

And two... well she had always owned that weird feeling when something was wrong with Taehyung.

Like she could sense it in her chest.

That spang of anxiety that hits you when you know something isn't turning round.

That was exactly what she felt.

And the worst was that she had been left aside of any information.

"He went out to buy some chicken tacos!"

That was what Jungkook had told her when she had asked for Taehyung two days ago.

And of course, she believed him.

I mean, who would not?

Sarcasm aside, the moment she had wanted to start speaking up and giving a piece of her mind about Taehyung who suddenly wanted to buy some fucking tacos, the doctor had interrupted them, telling her she needed to rest.

And Jimin and Jungkook had to leave, leaving her with nurses and surgeons for another round of check ups.

Yes, she felt like a useless sponge at the bottom of the ocean. Yes, she had difficulties breathing on her own or shit. But one thing that she still had was her brain.

And boy wasn't she dumb to realise something bad had happened.

But of course, her mind only pleased her with the worst scenarios.

I was there... I couldn't have escaped on my own... I don't even remember what happened after that night when...

When I thought I would see Taehyung for the last time...

So... he was the one who found me?

Or Jimin? Or Jungkook?

Or someone else?

But why didn't the boys tell me anything then?

...

What if-

She quickly shook that thought off her mind.

She would not allow herself to believe that Taehyung had left.

But afterall... Jimin and Jungkook had completely avoided the subject last time... maybe they know something...

Maybe he just wanted to leave?

Without me knowing?

Confusion swelled in her tired head which started aching just as the surgeon had preconized.

It had been two days since she had regained consciousness, and apart from waving to the boys from the small window of the ward, Jennie was forbidden to do anything else, unless resting.

And that again, was a very big word for the reality.

Because 'resting' meant she was allowed to close her eyes, but as much as she wanted, her body wouldn't drift to sleep.

Thanks to a certain medication she was to take for four weeks.

And let's not talk about those little electric jolts that would be sent through special wired IV's stuck on her chest, that would make her shudder every half an hour approximately.