•15•

--Taehyung--

He had been looking at the flow of students for minutes now, yet the small brunette hadn't showed her head.

Seriously, where is she... if she doesn't come in five minutes, I'll go look after her.

But right then, Jennie appeared behind a group of tall girls. She recognised his car and waved at him, a big smile on her face. Taehyung grinned back, happy to see that she was fine.

"Hi there, come on, let's go!"

"Hi!"

She went in the car and he drove out of the parking.

"So? First day of college? How did it go?"

"Great! It was even better than in my dreams! The teachers are so clever, they know everything on everything! Litteraly, I think I learnt more things in a day than in my whole ten years of study!"

"You've been studying Medecine since you were 8?"

The girl nodded to his surprise.

"Yeah, I couldn't go to school since we didn't have the money, but my father bought me some biology books and I learnt them by myself. My mum helped me a lot too."

Taehyung smiled at her. She was happy, and somehow he felt in peace when her face was that bright.

"And you? Didn't you go to your business college? Actually, I never asked, but you're starting your second year, right? How old are you?"

"Hum, my classes start only next week, so I still have one week of holidays. And I'm 19."

"So actually, you should call me oppa."

"What? Why would I call you that? You're not a grandpa! Plus, Jimin and Jungkook never asked me to call them like that too..."

"Jungkook is the same age as you, he can't make you call him like that."

"Well I don't want to call you that. You'll look like a real grumpy grandpa if I did."

He rolled his eyes which only made Jennie laugh at him and his 'regular annoyed mood' as she called it.

"I think tonight I will cook some pad thai, I saw we have plenty of noodles!"

"You know, you don't have to cook every night, we can take turns, you also need to have some time for yourself. And of course you should study too."

"Don't worry, cooking is like free time. I always made dinner after working in the farm and it was the best moment of the day."

Her smile slowly vanished and she looked down.

She must miss her family...

"Hey do you want to make a call to your mother later?"

"They don't have a phone."

"Not even a house one?"

"No..."

"Hey, are you okay?"

The girl sighed and looked by the window.

"It's just- I need to make them proud. If I'm going to see them only during holidays, at least I hope my work will be useful. I'm just scared I won't have my diploma and not make it as a vet."

Taehyung turned to look at her nostalgic and dull eyes.

I used to be the same... Always stressing over my studies not being enough... Until it all went wrong and my family broke into pieces. Now I don't even care about work anymore.