•60•

Note: this should actually be chap number 59, but now it's to late too change and it would confuse even more... so there will not be any chap 59😅

--Jimin--

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

His eyes drifted in front of him wordlessly.

Body dull, thoughts muffled.

Hands clammy and useless, resting on his lap.

Then, the door cracked open, which made him turn around and look up.

"Hyung... let's go at the cafeteria to grab something to eat."

The blond nodded at Jungkook before slowly getting up, sparing one last glance at the figure still laying on the bed, tenflods of wires connecting its body to the beeping machine.

"Yea. Let's go."

"How is she?"

The black-haired boy sighed a little while munching on the tasteless hospital sandwich, on which they had given way too much money for.

"She's... breathing."

Jimin closed his eyes and looked down, still not wanting to admit the terrible situation.

And especially not wanting to recall the events of three nights ago.

They had never expected to find them like that.

When they had discovered the basement, they had immediately called the firemen, completely forgetting about Taehyung's warnings on the aftermath of them mingling with police and everything.

As if they cared.

Jimin couldn't take off the image of Taehyung and Jennie laying down in a burning mess, looking like two carbonated corpses.

They were looking dead, and by the time they had been welled up in an ambulance, none of the paramedics could tell if they still had a chance to make it.

Both of them had to go through heavy operations, and Jimin bit his lips when he reminisced the percentage of success the operations had.

54% chance Taehyung would make it out safe.

Countering with the 32% Jennie could only manage.

That night, when Taehyung and Jennie had entered the operation wards, Jungkook and him had fought.

They had gone up to throwing fists at each other, until the security had to jerk them out of the hospital.

And the reason was simple. Each one of them had blamed the other for the tragedy.

Yet, they both knew they were at fault as much as the other.

It was their wrongdoing. They should have never left Taehyung go alone, and Jimin blamed everything that happened on him and Jungkook.

And the price was unimaginably expensive.

The results of the operation were more worrying than reassuring, considering the poor percentage of awaking both Taehyung and Jennie owned.

For now, both of them were stable, non of the vitals had been destroyed, except for their lungs that had quickly been oxigenated, then washed to get rid of the smoke.