thirty eight

Eve's POV

"Hey," I smiled, a little out of breath once I practically ran from the classroom and into Harry's car. I didn't know it was possible to have constant butterflies in my stomach, but that's what it had been like over the past 2 weeks in anticipation for Harry's business trip.

"Hi," He replied, leaning forward to turn down the radio. He looked a little tired, dark circles forming faintly under his eyes, his body hunched over in his seat. "How was your day, babe?"

"It was okay, you?"

"A little stressful, I've been at the office for the past couple hours just making sure everything's ready for the trip, and that Alice was ready to stay with Gem for the weekend. And hey, how come I don't get a kiss?'" he whined, shaking his hair off his face and pouting out his bottom lip.

I frowned, glancing out the window to watch the steady stream of students along the pavement making their respective ways back home, "Are you sure? Someone might see us?" I asked cautiously, knowing how insecure he still was about being together in public.

"Of course I'm sure, come here," he grinned.

I met him halfway over the console, catching his lips in a drawn out kiss. The lingering taste of coffee was present on his tongue, and shivers settled over my body when he raked his teeth along my lower lip. It was all slow movements and bumping noses, Harry smiling goofily when I whispered how excited I was to go away with him against his mouth.

It was extremely hard to concentrate over the past few weeks knowing that I would be spending a weekend alone with Harry. I had thought about being with him so much, about what he'd be like in the early hours of the morning, and how he'd act when he would wind down at night after a long day.

I imagined him to be the type to not want to get out of bed in the morning, to cuddle up amongst the duvet and ignore the fact that he had to get up until the absolute last minute, spending the morning rushing around trying to get ready only to end up being late. I could just picture it, his hair unruly and covering half his face as he stretches out his gangly limbs, pretty noises rasping from his throat whilst he burrows his face into the pillow, dawdling until he absolutely had to get up.

"Evie?" He questioned, his voice bringing me out of my daze. I hadn't even realized the car was moving, Harry already driving us through the city and towards the motorway. An amused look was painted over his face, clearly trying to figure out what I was thinking about. "I've been talking to you for the past 5 minutes, did you hear any of it?"

"No," I said truthfully, "Sorry Peach, I was daydreaming."

"Hmm, what about?"

"About you."

There was no hiding the red creeping up his neck and cheeks, Harry lowering his head to hide the ridiculous smile that was plastered all over his face, the kind of smile that reached his eyes and flexed his dimples to an abnormal depth.

"Well as I was saying, it will take us just under 4 hours to get to Liverpool, so we should be there just after 7pm,"

"Okay," I yawned, the smooth movements of the car moving over the asphalt and the soothing tones of Harry's voice suddenly causing my muscles to relax and my eyes to start fluttering shut.

"Get some rest, babe, it's a long drive," Harry chuckled when he noticed me nodding off, shaking his head in hilarity at my uncontrolled actions.

I reached for his hand that was resting pliantly over the automatic gear shift, bringing it over to my lap and squeezing his fingers, "Don't laugh at me," I scolded. Harry squeezed my hand back, muttering something about how adorable I was before letting his hand go limp, allowing me to absentmindedly play with his fingers whilst I dozed off.