twenty six

Eve's POV

I couldn't tell if I was nervous or excited to see Harry once he got home. I was excited because we had finally come clean about everything, that everything we were feeling for each other was now out in the open and ready to be acted upon. But I was nervous because we were going to have to, sooner or later, talk about it.

We were going to have to discuss what we were now, and how this relationship that we've been wanting to have together is going to be different from the one that we were currently in. I wasn't ready for us to talk about it at all, all his words and confessions to me last night still fresh and blaring in my mind.

I was sat against the arm rest of the couch in the living room, a book in my hand that I had been reading for the past hour after I had put Alice to bed. I didn't enjoy reading one bit, practically having to force myself to finish this book that I was reading for English, the one that I was supposed to have finished reading nearly a month ago.

It was after 8pm when the key rattled in the door and Harry walked in, dumping his briefcase on the floor and running a hand through his knotted hair. His shoulders were slouched and he looked as tired as ever, his gloomy eyes brightening the tiniest bit once he glanced over to me.

"Hi," I said, the soft tone of my voice lingering in the air. He walked straight over to me, situating himself on the small area of the couch beside me and ducked down, pressing his lips to mine. I felt the tension release from his body as I dropped the book from my hands and wound my arms around his neck, pulling him harder and closer towards me. His lips worked feverishly against mine, wet, messy and unskilled, like he had been needing some sort of release all day.

"Hi," he pulled back, panting quietly from the urgency of the kiss.

"What was that for?" I asked, slightly bewildered at the surprise of his affection.

"What, the kiss?" He grinned.

"Yeah, you've never just kissed me like that," and it was true, the only times he had ever kissed me was when we were intimate, and he would always have a good reason if it were any other time besides that.

"Well, if I recall from yesterday, you're mine now. I can kiss you whenever I please." He smirked, watching my cheeks tinge bright pink. "I'm sorry I'm home late."

"It's fine, Harry," I reassured, leaning forward to kiss him lightly, taking advantage of the new rule about kissing each other whenever we wanted. "How was your day?"

"Grueling," he started, his eyes closing shut as my fingers tangled in the curls at the bottom of his neck, his voice deepening considerably, "I had 4 really long meetings and I'm starting to plan this huge conference. It's just been a really stressful day, I'm glad I'm finally home."

I dropped my hand from his neck, sliding it across his skin to cradle his jaw. Harry's eyes fluttered closed again, the left corner of his mouth slanting upwards whilst my thumb moved gently across his cheek. All I really wanted to do was send him straight to bed, and to lie with him until I knew he was fast asleep and getting the rest that he deserved.

"We need to talk, about yesterday, and about us" he spoke slowly, frowning when he glanced down at his watch to check the time, "It's kind of late, how long can you stay for?"

"For as long as you want me to, Peach" I grinned, referring back to what Bunny had called Harry yesterday when we were at the bar.

"What did you just call me?" He snarled playfully, quirking an eyebrow at his nickname that sounded delightful as it rolled off my tongue.

"Peach" I reiterated, holding his scornful glare at me until he broke down and cracked a smile.

"Give me a few minutes, then we'll chat" he informed, kissing my flushed cheek and walking off upstairs to get changed.