sixteen

Eve's POV

"Eve" he gestured to me as he walked through the front door. My eyes briefly met his, raising my eyebrows in a silent greeting before turning my attention back to the TV. I still wasn't completely sure how I felt about everything that happened. I had felt angry, angry in the fact that he somewhat cheated on me. But then I felt confused, confused because we weren't even in a relationship, so he couldn't even cheat on me, which rendered my excuse for being angry useless.

It was all just kind of shocking to say the least, as soon as my eyes fell on the condom wrapper that floated from his coat pocket down to his tattered boots, the air in my lungs disintegrated, leaving me nearly heaving for oxygen just from the sight of it. As soon as I got inside the house, I slumped against the door, my body becoming boneless and my brain still trying to process what I had just seen.

"How are you?" he asked casually, slipping his coat off of his shoulders and loosening the tie from around his neck. I shifted uncomfortably under his burning stare as he stood there waiting quietly for a response from me, that he probably wasn't going to get. I shrugged my shoulders, daring to look at his reaction from my minimal reply. I heard a faint sigh from where he stood, and he turned around to toe off his shoes before striding in my direction.

He situated himself in the small space between myself and the arm rest, even though he had the whole other half of the couch to use. He groaned in comfort when his back hit the backrest of the couch, long legs sprawled out in front of him. He was restless against the cushions, moving around to get comfortable and bumping his knees against mine in the process. A low growl erupted in my throat at his childish behaviour, moving further down the couch away from him to let his long body get comfortable.

Harry only frowned at my attempts to give him space, his brows pulling down in confusion. "Are you mad at me?" he asked, and I was rendered completely speechless. I wasn't sure if I was mad at him, I still hadn't thought fully about how I felt. But that said, I wasn't exactly in the mood to converse with him, so my jaw stayed locked and my eyes stared straight ahead towards the TV.

Another sigh left his lips, a soft current of air hitting the side of my cheek. He shuffled closer to me, his hand reaching out to collect a stray piece of hair that had fallen over the side of my face. My teeth sunk gently into my lower lip at the sensation of his fingers brushing against my skin, smoothing the hair back and tucking it in safely behind my ear.

Harry's fingers lingered there for a moment, the rough pads of his fingers delicately tracing the shell of my ear, his touch almost too light to feel. The familiar feeling bubbled at the bottom of my stomach, that sensation starting to grow and coil whenever Harry did anything like this to me, just like what happened on Sunday in the car.

I pulled my head away from his hand, a futile attempt to discontinue whatever was forming low in my stomach. Whatever it was, it needed to stop, before it got too much to handle and I would end up giving in to Harry's scheming ways.

"You are mad at me" he confessed, a long breathe following his words as she shifted even closer to me.

"I'm not" I gritted, my jaw clenching slightly at his constant force of words on me. I wasn't mad, I guess I was just annoyed about the whole situation, and the fact that he thought that I would be okay with him sleeping with someone else considering what we had. I know what we have is only physical, but he would have to be stupid to say the least if he didn't think I would be somewhat affected by it.

He raised his hand again, his large palm caressing my cheek and his thumb pressing to my tightly clenched jaw. "C'mon Evie, just relax" he coaxed, his thumb massaging my clamped jaw bone in an effort to help calm me down. He rubbed gentle circles across my skin, and I could feel myself melting from his touch with every passing second and every circle his thumb drew. Pillows of breathe shuddered from between my lips, my chest rising and falling unevenly as a result of his doing.