eleven

Eve's POV

"Harry's expecting you in his office, so go right on through" Paige, the receptionist, gestured to me. I gave her a quick nod, offering her a smile in which she didn't return. Alice led the way, pulling me along with her as we walked down the hallway towards Harry's office, humming excitedly over the fact that we were about to see her father.

I was kind of dreading seeing Harry. I mean, of course I wanted to see him, but I didn't want to see him for the reason being the news that Geena had just told me. I didn't want to have to tell him, the look I knew would be on his face already plastered through my mind. I wasn't too sure on how he would react either, he could go either way, angry, sad, hurt, or he might not even show it at all.

Alice pushed her way through the doors, squealing at the sight of Harry at his desk, his glasses sitting on the ridge of his nose and his fingers tapping away at his computer keyboard. He stopped to look up, his iridescent eyes burning into mine, a small smile forming crookedly as he stared up at me. His tongue darted out, wetting his cherry lips and he straightened himself up, his eyes raking down my body.

Shivers ran down my spine, the way his eyes were scorching into my skin which was surely doing a good job in getting me flustered. His teeth sunk softly into his bottom lip, before his eyes left me and dropped down the to the bundle of nerves bounding at my feet.

"Well what are you still doing over there Alice? Come give me a hug" Harry exclaimed and Alice ripped her hand from mine and bounded across the room to Harry, practically throwing herself at him, his long arms enveloping her in a fatherly hug.

I couldn't help but grin at the sight in front of me, Harry's arms wound tightly around a squealing Alice, her face buried in the crook of his neck and his chin resting on the top of her head. He would occasionally drop his head down, his plush lips whispering something into her ear in which she'd burst out in a fit of giggles, her shrieks echoing off of every surface in the office.

I liked Dad Harry, Dad Harry was probably one of my favourite Harry's. He was so sweet and carefree and gentle and funny whenever Alice was around, which was such a stark contrast to Work Harry, who was determined and demanding and challenging and resolute.

Alice eventually climbed off of Harry's lap, standing attentively in front of him as he spoke in a hushed whisper. Her head nodded, before she bolted around Harry's desk and straight to my feet, throwing her arms around my legs and pushing her cheek against my knees.

"Thank you for picking me up after school today Evie, and for taking me out for food, you are so wonderful" she beamed, turning her face to rest her chin on my knee bone, staring up at me through her thick lashes. My hand lifted to ruffle up her hair, causing her to squeal and shake her head furiously to try and swat my hand away. I only laughed at her futile attempts, my ears pricking when I heard a distant, deep chuckle erupting from Harry.

"Al, baby, why don't you run across the hall and go see Louis? I know he's been dying to see you" Harry suggested, getting up from his chair and sliding his glasses off his nose, folding them up delicately and placing them on his desk.

Alice groaned in response, hitting her forehead against my knee in frustration. "But I don't like Louis, he always laughs at me"

Harry only laughed in response, moving around his desk to stand in front of me, his eyes cast down at the girl wrapped around my legs.

"Go on Alice, be polite now" he urged, a tone of authority flowing through his voice. Alice huffed in annoyance, letting go of me and sauntering out of the office on route to go see Louis. His eyes followed Alice down the hall until she was out of sight, and when I turned my head back around, Harry's eyes were searing into mine.