twenty three

Harry's POV

2 weeks. It had been 2 weeks since Eve left me confused, angry and upset on the couch in my living room. I tried to get my head around what happened, thinking about everything that took place that night that would've caused her to leave in such a hurry without a valid excuse. But of course, nothing outstanding came to mind.

Perhaps it was the fact that I asked her to stay behind to watch the movie, or maybe it was when I decided to curl myself up into her side. The action didn't seem to be that overwhelming, I was only leaning against her whilst we watched the film. It felt nice to be held by someone, I hadn't been held like that in a while.

I miss it, that feeling of being wanted. It was something I craved, that I needed in order to function properly. This was the reason why I slept with so many women, because they all made me feel desired... Even if it was only for a night.

Eve hadn't said a word to me in the duration of these past few weeks. When I came home on Thursdays, she was ready and waiting to leave, brushing past me without a glance as soon as I opened the front door. I didn't want to push her though, she was stubborn and persistent, and if she didn't want to share with me why she was angry, then I wasn't going to force her. She would tell me in her own time, so all I had to do was wait until she was ready.

I was planning on spending my Friday night in bed, going to sleep early and sleeping in till late tomorrow morning. I even went to the effort of sending Alice to my sister's for the night, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting up early to tend to her. I was really in need of a goodnights sleep, the long hours at the office and the pressure of my job starting to really take a toll on me. I had been CEO of this company for a year now, and I still hadn't gotten used to the burden of being in control of so many people.

But to my despair, I found myself at The Establishment, one of those stupid clubs that all the teenagers hung out at. Louis had shown up at my house earlier, tipsy and slightly swaying on my doorstep with a mischievous glint in his eye. Before I knew it, I was hauled inside an overflowing Addison Lee, the minicab filled with a bunch of our colleagues and going in a direction that was unknown to me.

Once we pulled up outside the club, I outwardly groaned at Louis' choice of venue. This place didn't fit it's name at all, it was hardly an 'Establishment', just a large room full of drunken 20 year olds, blinding lights, cheap beer and desperate couples who fucked inside the toilet cubicles.

I had situated myself on the second floor, leaning over the railing and watching the massive crowd down below rave to the deafening music. I was in absolutely no mood to be amongst them, the desire to be at home and tangled up in the comfort of my own sheets larger than ever. I sighed, my thoughts wandering to Eve and what she could be doing right now. She would probably be at a friends house, trying to avoid her parents in anyway possible.

I didn't even realize the smile that was stretched on my face from the thoughts of her, until I felt a hard slap on my back, my mouth instantly scowling as Louis came into view.

"Cheers Styles!" he spoke cheerfully, shoving a bottle of beer into my hand, then clinking it against the glass of clear liquid he held in his own. I rolled my eyes at him, taking a swig of beer before cringing at the taste.

"This beer tastes like piss" I spat, shaking my head and grabbing the glass in Louis' hand. I gulped back the contents, ignoring the burn that sizzled my throat and the after taste of the vodka that definitely drowned out that awful taste of beer.

Louis pouted, "You owe me a drink," looking down to the empty glass that I pushed back into his hand.

"Here" I replied, pouring the abandoned beer into his glass. Louis' eyes lit up as his glass was refilled, gulping down a mouthful before grinning in delight.